pluggable url factory

Matthew Conway
I've implemented support for pluggable URL factories.
It should be a fairly low impact change, as the default is to use the
current behavior.
Should I post a patch here for review before committing?

In short, there is now an XWikiURLFactoryService (also pluggable)
which is responsible for creating the XWikiUrlFactory for the given
mode (XWikiContext.getMode()) .  I made XWikiURLFactoryService
pluggable as well to allow one to allow one to create the url
factories however desired, but its default implementation copies the
way they are current constructed.

Matt

Re: pluggable url factory

Ludovic Dubost

Makes sense.. You can post this in a JIRA task and we can review it there

Ludovic

Matthew Conway wrote:

> I've implemented support for pluggable URL factories.
> It should be a fairly low impact change, as the default is to use the
> current behavior.
> Should I post a patch here for review before committing?
>
> In short, there is now an XWikiURLFactoryService (also pluggable)
> which is responsible for creating the XWikiUrlFactory for the given
> mode (XWikiContext.getMode()) .  I made XWikiURLFactoryService
> pluggable as well to allow one to allow one to create the url
> factories however desired, but its default implementation copies the
> way they are current constructed.
>

> Matt

Re: pluggable url factory

Matthew Conway

On Sep 9, 2005, at 5:49 PM, Ludovic Dubost wrote:

> Makes sense.. You can post this in a JIRA task and we can review it
> there

Done, see http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-168

Matt

Re: pluggable url factory

Ludovic Dubost

Looks ok to me.. Much nicer abstraction.. That should allow us to be
indeed very flexible..

Ludovic

Matthew Conway wrote:

> On Sep 9, 2005, at 5:49 PM, Ludovic Dubost wrote:
>

>> Makes sense.. You can post this in a JIRA task and we can review it
>> there
>>

> Done, see http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-168
>
> Matt

Re: pluggable url factory

Matthew Conway

On Sep 9, 2005, at 6:35 PM, Ludovic Dubost wrote:

Looks ok to me.. Much nicer abstraction.. That should allow us to be indeed very flexible..

Thanks, maybe a little bit too flexible as I got carried away :)

Only bit I wasn't completely happy about was adding XWikiContext.MODE_PDF because its not really a servlet mode.  Didn't have anywhere else to put it though, so just stuck it there since its related to the others when used with URL factories.

I'll go ahead and commit those changes now.

Matt