"velocity" access level?

Craig Muth
Is it possible to allow a group to edit, but with these restrictions?
- Can use wiki syntax
- Can't use velocity features (looping and calling macros and functions)

I'd like to allow a group to edit pages, but without the risk of their using velocity to call the xwiki database, or make an infinte loop on the page.

Thanks,
--Craig

Re: "velocity" access level?

jeremi joslin
On 3/13/06, Craig Muth <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is it possible to allow a group to edit, but with these restrictions?
> - Can use wiki syntax
> - Can't use velocity features (looping and calling macros and functions)
>
> I'd like to allow a group to edit pages, but without the risk of their using
> velocity to call the xwiki database, or make an infinte loop on the page.
hi,
Actually not. it's already exists for groovy, so maybe it's not very
difficult to do it for  velocity.

if you want you can contribute it, we can help you to do it.

Jérémi

--
Blog: http://www.jeremi.info
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1437724

Re: "velocity" access level?

Ludovic Dubost

We would need to add a right check similar to the "programming" right in
the XWikiVelocityRendered.
Now this should probably be generalized and linked with the Syntax
Processing proposal from Stephan
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Dev/SyntaxProcessingIssues

Ludovic