re. Help with Navigation Menu Wiki Macro

re. Help with Navigation Menu Wiki Macro

pinkerp
I am still hopeful that someone out there would be able to assist me
with this.  The Navigation Menu Macro only properly displays 2 levels.
The 3rd level simply displays overtop of the 2nd, making it unusable.
It is not an option to use the newer macro, as it is incompatible with
the wiki version.

I did discover in looking at the html code that the macro assigns screen
placement values in the first 2 levels to "pop out" a menu.  It fails to
assign values in the 3rd level (actually assigns 0,0,0...)  Although I
could probably fix this by manually assigning values, it would be
helpful to know how to fix the macro, so that I don't have to custom
program every entry and every list!

You can see my previous post below here.

Assistance appreciated!

Paul Pinkerton

Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 13:58:57 -0400
From: "Paul Pinkerton  (ACLCO)" <[hidden email]>
To: <[hidden email]>
Subject: [xwiki-users] Help with Navigation Menu Wiki Macro

I am using the Nav Menu Wiki Macro to create some menus - and it's
working - but not completely.

I have the following issues:
In a horizontal menu, the 1st and 2nd levels appear correctly.  When I
add a 3rd level, it displays overtop of existing text, rather
than'popping out'.

*Main1
** Sub1
*** Sub1Sub1
**Sub2
***Sub2Sub1
*Main2

In a vertical menu, the submenu items appear to the side, but below the
level of the related main menu item, making it difficult to move the
mouse to the submenu to select links there.

I have tried adding line spaces, etc.. but this doesn't affect the
display.

I did check online for existing solutions - and found this thread
detailing a similar issue from late 2012/ early 2013.  No solutions were
offered.
http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.com/Navigation-Menu-Wiki-Macro-td7582112.h
tml#a7582455 (see Hamster's post of Nov 16, 2012 2:06 and following)

The poster suggests that the issue is in the JavaScript code.

Any help here would be appreciated.

Paul Pinkerton
KnowledgeNow Project Lead

Re: re. Help with Navigation Menu Wiki Macro

Marius Dumitru Florea
On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 6:30 PM, Paul Pinkerton  (ACLCO)
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am still hopeful that someone out there would be able to assist me
> with this.  The Navigation Menu Macro only properly displays 2 levels.
> The 3rd level simply displays overtop of the 2nd, making it unusable.

> It is not an option to use the newer macro, as it is incompatible with
> the wiki version.

Still, if it's a recent version of XWiki (e.g. 4.5+) that has support
for Wiki Components / UI Extensions then you can modify global.vm as I
did on https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/commit/d942f79cf8748095f4f451d71c6c2c4bb299be61#diff-12
and then _import the XAR_ of the Menu Application (since install
through Extension Manager will fail due to the incompatible
dependencies).

Hope this helps,
Marius