rerun distribution wizard

Kel

rerun distribution wizard

Kel
I have recently upgraded from 3.5 to 5.5. The upgrade went fine however after logging in I accidentally hit the cancel button instead of the skip. I now want to rerun the Distribution Wizard but I cannot figure out how to re-trigger it. Can this be done?

Re: rerun distribution wizard

Clemens Klein-Robbenhaar
On 12/11/2013 11:53 PM, Kelly Steinke wrote:
> I have recently upgraded from 3.5 to 5.5. The upgrade went fine however after logging in I accidentally hit the cancel button instead of the skip. I now want to rerun the Distribution Wizard but I cannot figure out how to re-trigger it. Can this be done?

So far I have only tried this on development instances, but I guess this should work anyway:

 - go to the "permanent directory" of the installation.
 - if you have not configured that directory, best do it now (it is the environment.permanentDirectory=... in the WEB-INF/xwiki.properties)
 - if you have already set this up, go to that directory, and move away the jobs/status/distribution subdirectory
 - restart the servlet container

Now the Distribution Wizard should show up again.

Hope this helps,
Clemens
Kel

Re: rerun distribution wizard

Kel
Thanks for your help Clemens, this worked like a charm.

On 12/11/2013 11:53 PM, Kelly Steinke wrote:
> I have recently upgraded from 3.5 to 5.5. The upgrade went fine however after logging in I accidentally hit the cancel button instead of the skip. I now want to rerun the Distribution Wizard but I cannot figure out how to re-trigger it. Can this be done?

So far I have only tried this on development instances, but I guess this should work anyway:

- go to the "permanent directory" of the installation.
- if you have not configured that directory, best do it now (it is the environment.permanentDirectory=... in the WEB-INF/xwiki.properties)
- if you have already set this up, go to that directory, and move away the jobs/status/distribution subdirectory
- restart the servlet container

Now the Distribution Wizard should show up again.

Hope this helps,
Clemens

Re: rerun distribution wizard

hamiazuhk26
I am having the same problem as I can't re-trigger my distribution wizard.
I had uninstall and re-install back the xwiki 8.4 version  but still can't.

You are mention to move away the jobs/status/distribution subdirectory.
How to configured the directory and what is the things that i need to configured? Is it uncomment?

Please advice.
Thanks