setting up virtual xwikis

Brian D. Switzer
I'm having some trouble figuring out the virtual wiki configuration.  I
followed the documentation as best I could, but I think I missed something.

1.  I created the XWiki.XWikiServerClass using the code from xwiki.com and
added the "server" and "owner" fields.
2.  I created XWiki.XWikiServerForm and XWiki.XWikiServerTemplate also based
on the code from xwiki.com.
3.  I added an instance of the XWikiServerClass to XWikiServerTemplate.
4.  I used the built-in form in XWiki.ServerClass to create a new server named
"RailPhotos" and filled in the "server" and "owner" fields.  Server was set
to "railphotos.myserver.com" while owner was set to "XWiki.Admin".  The
document created was XWiki.XWikiServerRailPhotos.
5.  I enabled xwiki.virtual=1 in the configuration and restarted the server.
6.  I created a database in MySQL named "RailPhotos" and populated it with
some data.  The xwiki user has privileges on the database.

I then pointed my browser at railphotos.myserver.com and was greeted with the
following error:

-----
HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from
fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Error number 2 in 0: The wiki railphotos does
not exist
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processException(RequestProcessor.java:516)
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:423)
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:226)
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1164)
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:397)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:697)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
com.xpn.xwiki.web.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:127)
org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:81)

root cause

com.xpn.xwiki.XWikiException: Error number 2 in 0: The wiki railphotos does
not exist
com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.getXWiki(XWiki.java:241)
com.xpn.xwiki.web.ViewEditAction.execute(ViewEditAction.java:117)
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:421)

--
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable
 from magic." -- Arthur C. Clarke

Re: setting up virtual xwikis

Brian D. Switzer
On Saturday 03 December 2005 15:33, Brian D. Switzer wrote:
> 4.  I used the built-in form in XWiki.ServerClass to create a new server
> named "RailPhotos" and filled in the "server" and "owner" fields.  Server
> was set to "railphotos.myserver.com" while owner was set to "XWiki.Admin".
> The document created was XWiki.XWikiServerRailPhotos.

Aha!!!  I figured it out.  I enabled debugging and discovered that although I
created a page called XWiki.XWikiServerRailPhotos, xwiki was looking for a
page named XWiki.XWikiServerRailphotos.  I recreated the page with the
correct name and everything worked just fine.

I hate when the problem is one capitalized letter.