Quantcast

slow page load

pinkerp
I have a couple of pages that are loading very slowly - like 15-20 second delay on loading.  Other pages load just fine.  I've always found the profile pages load slowly, but had a specific space start to do this recently.  I tried disabling the TAG CLOUD panel that is on that page and page load time normalized.

Wondering if anyone else had found that tag cloud panel has an issue here?  Is there a max number of entries after which it would start to degrade performance?  Thoughts or insight appreciated.

Paul Pinkerton
KnowledgeNow Project Lead
[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
Skype: pinkerp.lao<skype:pinkerp.lao>

Association of Community Legal Clinics of Ontario
416-847-1418 or 1-866-965-1416x 5177
www.aclco.org<http://www.aclco.org/>

Re: slow page load

Hi Paul,

> On 8 Feb 2017, at 20:51, Paul Pinkerton (ACLCO) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have a couple of pages that are loading very slowly - like 15-20 second delay on loading.  Other pages load just fine.  I've always found the profile pages load slowly, but had a specific space start to do this recently.  I tried disabling the TAG CLOUD panel that is on that page and page load time normalized.
>
> Wondering if anyone else had found that tag cloud panel has an issue here?  Is there a max number of entries after which it would start to degrade performance?  Thoughts or insight appreciated.

Hmm I’m not aware of the Tag cloud being an issue.

How many tagged docs do you have?

If you check on http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/TagCloud or http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Tags you should see a tag cloud that loads pretty fast.

Maybe you have some indexes missing in the DB? You could review this page: http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Performances

> Paul Pinkerton
> KnowledgeNow Project Lead
> [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
> Skype: pinkerp.lao<skype:pinkerp.lao>
>
> Association of Community Legal Clinics of Ontario
> 416-847-1418 or 1-866-965-1416x 5177
> www.aclco.org<http://www.aclco.org/>

Re: slow page load

Profile pages are usually slowed down not by tags, but by the activity
stream. Is the activity stream enabled? Can you check if the slow pages
have activity streams in them?

http://purl.org/net/sergiu