source tar problem

Alistair Young
I downloaded xwiki-0.9.840-src.tar and got the error:

tar: A lone zero block at 98831

I used to get this when building tars from Ant - I don't think it
breaks anything but it just looks bad. I take it xwiki isn't tarred
up using gnu tar?

Alistair

Re: source tar problem

jeremi joslin
On 2/6/06, Alistair Young <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I downloaded xwiki-0.9.840-src.tar and got the error:
>
> tar: A lone zero block at 98831
>
> I used to get this when building tars from Ant - I don't think it
> breaks anything but it just looks bad. I take it xwiki isn't tarred
> up using gnu tar?

I don't think so. I try to download it and I tell you after.
what did you use to download it?
Can you do a md5sum on xwiki-0.9.840-src.tar.gz

Jérémi
--
Blog: http://www.jeremi.info
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1437724

Re: source tar problem

The tar is done by the ObjectWeb platform.. Xavier from OW is in the
list.. Maybe he can tell us if this is normal or not.

Ludovic

Alistair Young a écrit :

> I downloaded xwiki-0.9.840-src.tar and got the error:
>
> tar: A lone zero block at 98831
>
> I used to get this when building tars from Ant - I don't think it
> breaks anything but it just looks bad. I take it xwiki isn't tarred up
> using gnu tar?
>
> Alistair

Re: source tar problem

jeremi joslin
On 2/6/06, jeremi joslin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2/6/06, Alistair Young <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I downloaded xwiki-0.9.840-src.tar and got the error:
> >
> > tar: A lone zero block at 98831
> >
> > I used to get this when building tars from Ant - I don't think it
> > breaks anything but it just looks bad. I take it xwiki isn't tarred
> > up using gnu tar?
>
> I don't think so. I try to download it and I tell you after.
> what did you use to download it?
> Can you do a md5sum on xwiki-0.9.840-src.tar.gz

For me the archive is Ok. I use the gnu tar. It's the default tar in debian.

this is the MD5:
$ md5sum xwiki-0.9.840-src.tar.gz
1e318884183dfbe9dea2171ff2828e44  xwiki-0.9.840-src.tar.gz
$

If the MD5 is not the same, try to redownload it.

Jérémi