spaceIndex macro shows only pages created via REST API

spaceIndex macro shows only pages created via REST API

abtv
I use such a macro

{{spaceindex space="test"/}}

or

{{spaceindex count="0"/}}

or just

{{spaceindex/}}

There are only pages which were created via REST API. If I press "Create a new page" link in this space it will not show it (while it exists). I use xwiki 7.4.2. What can be a source of this problem?

Re: spaceIndex macro shows only pages created via REST API

Eduard Moraru
Hi,

I am not sure about this, but AFAIR the spaceindex macro is now (7.2+)
deprecated.

AFAIR, it only handles terminal documents in the provided space. Most
likely, using REST, you create only terminal documents so that is why you
believe it is connected to REST, but it`s not. Also, the "Create a new
page" button probably creates by default a non-terminal (a.k.a. Nested)
Page inside the provided space, so the macro will not show it.

The documentTree macro [1] should be used instead which is NestedPages
friendly and should properly display all your pages (terminal or
non-terminal) for the given root.

Hope this helps,
Eduard

[1] http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Document+Tree+Macro