stylesheet override

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

stylesheet override

wojtek danilo
Hi!
I'm trying to override the css of my xwiki.
I've been reading documents about making styleSheetExtensions (like
MinimalStyleSheet Extension fro mhere:
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/SkinExtensionsTutorial).
I have to be doing something wrong because after creation StyleSheet
extension like in this tutorial and setting "use this extension" to "always"
nothing changes.

additional I've seen that in Administration menu -> Look & feel ->
presentation I've got button that "allow" me cutomize current skin. after
pressing it and sayin that I want to customize it I've got a lot of empty
boxes (style, header, footer).
Always when I'm trying to write there anything the whole css crash and the
site looks ugly.

Please could you write, what is the simplest method to override some
elements of the css of xwiki?

I will be very thankfull!
Wojtek
_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: stylesheet override

Lockie
Hi Wojtek

The way I do it is load up the skin's CSS file(default located at C:\Program Files\XWiki Enterprise\webapps\xwiki\skins\colibri\colibri.css) in Notepad++ and add my changes to the bottom of it, then save it and check how it looks in the browser. Style Sheet Extensions I only use on individual pages that need to look different, because having any extension marked as "always on this wiki" means it loads every time you load a page which slows load times in general.

If you aren't seeing any changes with your extensions, maybe make sure you refresh the page a few times after you save it. Also using a browser that supports extensions (like firefox or chrome) and getting the Firebug extension is extremely helpful for determining what divs you should be styling.

Hope that helps

wojtek danilo wrote
Hi!
I'm trying to override the css of my xwiki.
I've been reading documents about making styleSheetExtensions (like
MinimalStyleSheet Extension fro mhere:
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/SkinExtensionsTutorial).
I have to be doing something wrong because after creation StyleSheet
extension like in this tutorial and setting "use this extension" to "always"
nothing changes.

additional I've seen that in Administration menu -> Look & feel ->
presentation I've got button that "allow" me cutomize current skin. after
pressing it and sayin that I want to customize it I've got a lot of empty
boxes (style, header, footer).
Always when I'm trying to write there anything the whole css crash and the
site looks ugly.

Please could you write, what is the simplest method to override some
elements of the css of xwiki?

I will be very thankfull!
Wojtek
_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Lockie
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: stylesheet override

Elena-Oana Tabaranu
In reply to this post by wojtek danilo
Hi,

On 04/08/2011 02:38 AM, wojtek danilo wrote:
> Hi!
> I'm trying to override the css of my xwiki.
> I've been reading documents about making styleSheetExtensions (like
> MinimalStyleSheet Extension fro mhere:
> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/SkinExtensionsTutorial).
> I have to be doing something wrong because after creation StyleSheet
> extension like in this tutorial and setting "use this extension" to "always"
> nothing changes.
You can check if your styles have been included on the HTML source of
the page. There should be a link like this in the head:

<link  rel='stylesheet'type='text/css'href='/xwiki/bin/ssx/<StyleSheet extension space>/<StyleSheet extension page>'/>

> additional I've seen that in Administration menu ->  Look&  feel ->
> presentation I've got button that "allow" me cutomize current skin. after
> pressing it and sayin that I want to customize it I've got a lot of empty
> boxes (style, header, footer).
> Always when I'm trying to write there anything the whole css crash and the
> site looks ugly.
The Header and the Footer templates display parts of your page. They
should not be used to add CSS rules, use the Style template instead:
@import "microformats.css";
@import "colibri.css";
/* add here your custom rules */

Oana
> Please could you write, what is the simplest method to override some
> elements of the css of xwiki?
>
> I will be very thankfull!
> Wojtek
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: stylesheet override

Le Génie
See below

2011/4/8 Elena-Oana Tabaranu <[hidden email]>

> Hi,
>
> On 04/08/2011 02:38 AM, wojtek danilo wrote:
> > Hi!
> > I'm trying to override the css of my xwiki.
> > I've been reading documents about making styleSheetExtensions (like
> > MinimalStyleSheet Extension fro mhere:
> > http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/SkinExtensionsTutorial
> ).
> > I have to be doing something wrong because after creation StyleSheet
> > extension like in this tutorial and setting "use this extension" to
> "always"
> > nothing changes.
> You can check if your styles have been included on the HTML source of
> the page. There should be a link like this in the head:
>
> <link  rel='stylesheet'type='text/css'href='/xwiki/bin/ssx/<StyleSheet
> extension space>/<StyleSheet extension page>'/>
>
> > additional I've seen that in Administration menu ->  Look&  feel ->
> > presentation I've got button that "allow" me cutomize current skin. after
> > pressing it and sayin that I want to customize it I've got a lot of empty
> > boxes (style, header, footer).
> > Always when I'm trying to write there anything the whole css crash and
> the
> > site looks ugly.
> The Header and the Footer templates display parts of your page. They
> should not be used to add CSS rules, use the Style template instead:
> @import "microformats.css";
> @import "colibri.css";
> /* add here your custom rules */
>

And as it is described here
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Skins
you can insert your CSS rules in a page Skin (the DefaultSkin or a new one
you that you can create), just fill in the "style" field (do not forget the
2 @import).
You don't need to update the files of your XWiki installation, so it will be
easier to upgrade XWiki.

Maxime

>
> Oana
> > Please could you write, what is the simplest method to override some
> > elements of the css of xwiki?
> >
> > I will be very thankfull!
> > Wojtek
> > _______________________________________________
> > users mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
>
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
>
_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: stylesheet override

wojtek danilo
Thank you very much!
The reason I simply didn't changed the fileso n the server manually was that
I have no accesss to that files ( this wiki is hosted).

The Le Génie's solution works perfect (i tried is before but without these
imports ;] )

Thank you for the firbug extension - it helps a lot! :)


2011/4/8 Le Génie <[hidden email]>

> See below
>
> 2011/4/8 Elena-Oana Tabaranu <[hidden email]>
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 04/08/2011 02:38 AM, wojtek danilo wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > > I'm trying to override the css of my xwiki.
> > > I've been reading documents about making styleSheetExtensions (like
> > > MinimalStyleSheet Extension fro mhere:
> > >
> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/SkinExtensionsTutorial
> > ).
> > > I have to be doing something wrong because after creation StyleSheet
> > > extension like in this tutorial and setting "use this extension" to
> > "always"
> > > nothing changes.
> > You can check if your styles have been included on the HTML source of
> > the page. There should be a link like this in the head:
> >
> > <link  rel='stylesheet'type='text/css'href='/xwiki/bin/ssx/<StyleSheet
> > extension space>/<StyleSheet extension page>'/>
> >
> > > additional I've seen that in Administration menu ->  Look&  feel ->
> > > presentation I've got button that "allow" me cutomize current skin.
> after
> > > pressing it and sayin that I want to customize it I've got a lot of
> empty
> > > boxes (style, header, footer).
> > > Always when I'm trying to write there anything the whole css crash and
> > the
> > > site looks ugly.
> > The Header and the Footer templates display parts of your page. They
> > should not be used to add CSS rules, use the Style template instead:
> > @import "microformats.css";
> > @import "colibri.css";
> > /* add here your custom rules */
> >
>
> And as it is described here
> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Skins
> you can insert your CSS rules in a page Skin (the DefaultSkin or a new one
> you that you can create), just fill in the "style" field (do not forget the
> 2 @import).
> You don't need to update the files of your XWiki installation, so it will
> be
> easier to upgrade XWiki.
>
> Maxime
>
> >
> > Oana
> > > Please could you write, what is the simplest method to override some
> > > elements of the css of xwiki?
> > >
> > > I will be very thankfull!
> > > Wojtek
> > > _______________________________________________
> > > users mailing list
> > > [hidden email]
> > > http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > users mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
> >
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
>
_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users