swf in xwiki

walido
i would like to display the swf files that i have on my disk
in xwiki so copied the source code of
http://enterprise.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/UserGuide/EditVideo
just the fragment with :<OBJECT ...
<EMBED...
and i changed  the url of the source so i can play my swf file that i putted
in the attachment but it does'nt work
what should i do
thank you very much

Re: swf in xwiki

On May 5, 2009, at 4:08 PM, walido wrote:

> i would like to display the swf files that i have on my disk
> in xwiki so copied the source code of
> http://enterprise.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/UserGuide/EditVideo
> just the fragment with :<OBJECT ...
> <EMBED...
> and i changed  the url of the source so i can play my swf file that
> i putted
> in the attachment but it does'nt work

What error do you get?
Can you post your page content?

> what should i do
> thank you very much

Re: swf in xwiki

Niels Mayer
On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 7:08 AM, walido <[hidden email]> wrote:

> i would like to display the swf files that i have on my disk
> in xwiki so copied the source code of
> http://enterprise.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/UserGuide/EditVideo
> just the fragment with :<OBJECT ...
> <EMBED...
> and i changed  the url of the source so i can play my swf file that i
> putted
> in the attachment but it does'nt work

I'm not sure, since I'm not familiar w/ playing SWF's directly, though I
think the JW player allows it.

I did find some portability problems (IE) using object/embed, which is why i
ended up doing things the way I did, triggering the whole thing out of
javascript via window.onload. That could be the issue
you're seeing if you use IE.

Also, there could be security reasons why a remotely loaded flash script
wouldn't/shouldn't be able to access files on the local disk. Given the
probable security violation of the scenario you presented, try this
instead:  have a simple HTML file on your local system, and have your
browser point at both local HTML file and local media.

-- Niels.
http://nielsmayer.com

Re: swf in xwiki

walido
vmassol wrote
Hi,

On May 5, 2009, at 4:08 PM, walido wrote:

> i would like to display the swf files that i have on my disk
> in xwiki so copied the source code of
> http://enterprise.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/UserGuide/EditVideo
> just the fragment with : <EMBED...
> and i changed  the url of the source so i can play my swf file that
> i putted
> in the attachment but it does'nt work

What error do you get?
Can you post your page content?

> what should i do
> thank you very much
just a big blank
i found that very weird why it works with a distant script flash
like actionally "EMBED SRC="http://enterprise.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/UserGuide/EditVideo/XWikiEnterpriseEdit.swf"" thing
and when i change it to  "EMBED SRC="http://localhost:8080/xwiki/bin/view/Blog/embed/Essai.swf""
it doesn't work
here's is page content :

OBJECT CLASSID="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" WIDTH="896" HEIGHT="576" CODEBASE="http://active.macromedia.com/flash5/cabs/swflash.cab#version=7,0,0,0">
PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="http://localhost:8080/xwiki/bin/view/Blog/embed/Essai.swf">
PARAM NAME=play VALUE=true>
PARAM NAME=loop VALUE=false>
PARAM NAME=wmode VALUE=transparent>
PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high>
EMBED SRC="http://localhost:8080/xwiki/bin/view/Blog/embed/Essai.swf" WIDTH=896 HEIGHT=576 quality=low loop=false wmode=transparent TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash">
/EMBED>
/OBJECT>

Thanks
Walid