template for faulty URL references

David V. Kocher
Is it possible to define a page template for references to non-
existent articles? (as in many other wikis, e.g. mediawiki > http://
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NonExistantPage )

The behavior on xwiki.org itself is not consistent; e.g.
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/null shows an empty page
whereas
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/null gives a stacktrace.

~dk

Re: template for faulty URL references

David V. Kocher
The easiest way seems to be to check for $doc.isNew() and include a
different template then.

~dk

David V. Kocher wrote:

> Is it possible to define a page template for references to non-existent
> articles? (as in many other wikis, e.g. mediawiki >
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NonExistantPage )
>
> The behavior on xwiki.org itself is not consistent; e.g.
> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/null shows an empty page
> whereas
> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/null gives a stacktrace.
>
> ~dk

Re: template for faulty URL references

Ludovic Dubost

Exactly.. checking for that in the view.vm template does the trick..
Concerning http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/null this would be an
invalid URL and not a non existing document.. We need to check for this
in the code and setup better error handling in these cases

Ludovic