trying to use ldap auth

Wright, Philip
I am trying to use ldap auth. however I am running into a few challenges
with its whitespace and "." handling.

All my users cn contain a whitespace between the givenname and the sn
All my users samaccountnames contain a "." between the givenname and the sn

Is there a way to change xwiki's handling of whitespaces in an ldap login or
its handling of ".".  I would prefer if during the ldap import it would
remove the whitespace in the cn so we could use that as our UID.

Philip Wright

Reports Analyst

ACS: BPS

Office: 503-907-1501 ext 3714

Cell: 503-891-4920

[hidden email]

Affiliated Computer Services, Inc

Affiliated Computer Services, Inc (ACS) Proprietary and Confidential
Information
This document (or any part thereof) may not be disseminated outside of ACS
in either electronic or physical form without specific authorization of the
office of the ACS Chief Information Security Officer. The information
included in this document represents no commitment by ACS to any other
party. The policies and standards described do not consider any country law
or other directive outside of the United States.

Re: trying to use ldap auth

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 8:05 PM, Wright, Philip
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am trying to use ldap auth. however I am running into a few challenges
> with its whitespace and "." handling.
>
> All my users cn contain a whitespace between the givenname and the sn
> All my users samaccountnames contain a "." between the givenname and the sn
>

> Is there a way to change xwiki's handling of whitespaces in an ldap login or
> its handling of ".".  I would prefer if during the ldap import it would
> remove the whitespace in the cn so we could use that as our UID.

LDAP authenticator now handle "." in login names that way. See
http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-2264

You should crea

> Philip Wright
>
> Reports Analyst
>
> ACS: BPS
>

> Office: 503-907-1501 ext 3714
>
> Cell: 503-891-4920
>
> [hidden email]
>

> Affiliated Computer Services, Inc
>

> Affiliated Computer Services, Inc (ACS) Proprietary and Confidential
> Information
> This document (or any part thereof) may not be disseminated outside of ACS
> in either electronic or physical form without specific authorization of the
> office of the ACS Chief Information Security Officer. The information
> included in this document represents no commitment by ACS to any other
> party. The policies and standards described do not consider any country law
> or other directive outside of the United States.

Re: trying to use ldap auth

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 8:24 PM, Thomas Mortagne
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 8:05 PM, Wright, Philip
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I am trying to use ldap auth. however I am running into a few challenges
>> with its whitespace and "." handling.
>>
>> All my users cn contain a whitespace between the givenname and the sn
>> All my users samaccountnames contain a "." between the givenname and the sn
>>

>> Is there a way to change xwiki's handling of whitespaces in an ldap login or
>> its handling of ".".  I would prefer if during the ldap import it would
>> remove the whitespace in the cn so we could use that as our UID.
>
> LDAP authenticator now handle "." in login names that way. See
> http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-2264
>
> You should crea

You should create a jira issue about space.

>> Philip Wright
>>
>> Reports Analyst
>>
>> ACS: BPS
>>

>> Office: 503-907-1501 ext 3714
>>
>> Cell: 503-891-4920
>>
>> [hidden email]
>>

>> Affiliated Computer Services, Inc
>>

>> Affiliated Computer Services, Inc (ACS) Proprietary and Confidential
>> Information
>> This document (or any part thereof) may not be disseminated outside of ACS
>> in either electronic or physical form without specific authorization of the
>> office of the ACS Chief Information Security Officer. The information
>> included in this document represents no commitment by ACS to any other
>> party. The policies and standards described do not consider any country law
>> or other directive outside of the United States.

Re: trying to use ldap auth

Wright, Philip
I know I sound like a noob, which I am :)  However how do I implement this?
Do I just copy the code into the authenticator code?

wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 8:05 PM, Wright, Philip
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I am trying to use ldap auth. however I am running into a few
>> challenges with its whitespace and "." handling.
>>
>> All my users cn contain a whitespace between the givenname and the sn
>> All my users samaccountnames contain a "." between the givenname and
>> the sn
>>

>> Is there a way to change xwiki's handling of whitespaces in an ldap
>> login or its handling of ".".  I would prefer if during the ldap
>> import it would remove the whitespace in the cn so we could use that as
our UID.

> LDAP authenticator now handle "." in login names that way. See
> http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-2264
>
> You should crea

You should create a jira issue about space.

>> Philip Wright
>>
>> Reports Analyst
>>
>> ACS: BPS
>>

>> Office: 503-907-1501 ext 3714
>>
>> Cell: 503-891-4920
>>
>> [hidden email]
>>

>> Affiliated Computer Services, Inc
>>

>> Affiliated Computer Services, Inc (ACS) Proprietary and Confidential
>> Information This document (or any part thereof) may not be
>> disseminated outside of ACS in either electronic or physical form
>> without specific authorization of the office of the ACS Chief
>> Information Security Officer. The information included in this
>> document represents no commitment by ACS to any other party. The
>> policies and standards described do not consider any country law or
>> other directive outside of the United States.

Re: trying to use ldap auth

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 8:30 PM, Wright, Philip
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I know I sound like a noob, which I am :)  However how do I implement this?
> Do I just copy the code into the authenticator code?

I don't understand. You speak about java code ?

Before writing any code you should start create a jira issue on
http://jira.xwiki.org explaining what is the problem, how to reproduce
it. After that if you can propose a way to fix it or even attach a
patch, it's even better ;)

> Philip Wright
>
> Reports Analyst
>
> ACS: BPS
>

> Office: 503-907-1501 ext 3714
>
> Cell: 503-891-4920
>
> [hidden email]
>

> Affiliated Computer Services, Inc
>

> Affiliated Computer Services, Inc (ACS) Proprietary and Confidential
> Information
> This document (or any part thereof) may not be disseminated outside of ACS
> in either electronic or physical form without specific authorization of the
> office of the ACS Chief Information Security Officer. The information
> included in this document represents no commitment by ACS to any other
> party. The policies and standards described do not consider any country law
> or other directive outside of the United States.

Re: trying to use ldap auth

Wright, Philip
My question was how do I implement your patch referenced at below link :)

http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-2264?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.
system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel

wrote:
> I know I sound like a noob, which I am :)  However how do I implement
this?
> Do I just copy the code into the authenticator code?

I don't understand. You speak about java code ?

Before writing any code you should start create a jira issue on
http://jira.xwiki.org explaining what is the problem, how to reproduce it.
After that if you can propose a way to fix it or even attach a patch, it's
even better ;)

> Philip Wright
>
> Reports Analyst
>
> ACS: BPS
>

> Office: 503-907-1501 ext 3714
>
> Cell: 503-891-4920
>
> [hidden email]
>

> Affiliated Computer Services, Inc
>

> Affiliated Computer Services, Inc (ACS) Proprietary and Confidential
> Information This document (or any part thereof) may not be
> disseminated outside of ACS in either electronic or physical form
> without specific authorization of the office of the ACS Chief
> Information Security Officer. The information included in this
> document represents no commitment by ACS to any other party. The
> policies and standards described do not consider any country law or
> other directive outside of the United States.

Re: trying to use ldap auth

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 9:36 PM, Wright, Philip
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> My question was how do I implement your patch referenced at below link :)
>
> http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-2264?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.
> system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel

To apply it you have to:
- first checkhout xwiki-core with a svn client (if you are on Windows
you should use Tortoisesvn). Makes sure to checkout the branch
corresponding to the version you want to patch (1.4.x, 1.5.x, etc.).
See http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/SourceRepository.
- apply the patch. If you use a graphical svn client it should include
an "apply patch" or something like that somewhere in the menu
- rebuild xwiki-core. See http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/Building
- replace the xwiki-core-<version>.jar from you xwiki installation
with generated xwiki-core-<version>.jar

wrote:
> My question was how do I implement your patch referenced at below link
> :)

http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-2264?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.
> system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel

To apply it you have to:
- first checkhout xwiki-core with a svn client (if you are on Windows you
should use Tortoisesvn). Makes sure to checkout the branch corresponding to
the version you want to patch (1.4.x, 1.5.x, etc.).
See http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/SourceRepository.
- apply the patch. If you use a graphical svn client it should include an
"apply patch" or something like that somewhere in the menu
- rebuild xwiki-core. See
http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/Building
- replace the xwiki-core-<version>.jar from you xwiki installation with
generated xwiki-core-<version>.jar

> Philip Wright
>
> Reports Analyst
>
> ACS: BPS
>

> Office: 503-907-1501 ext 3714
>
> Cell: 503-891-4920
>
> [hidden email]
>

> Affiliated Computer Services, Inc
>

> Affiliated Computer Services, Inc (ACS) Proprietary and Confidential
> Information This document (or any part thereof) may not be
> disseminated outside of ACS in either electronic or physical form
> without specific authorization of the office of the ACS Chief
> Information Security Officer. The information included in this
> document represents no commitment by ACS to any other party. The
> policies and standards described do not consider any country law or
> other directive outside of the United States.

Re: trying to use ldap auth

On Jun 16, 2008, at 9:36 PM, Wright, Philip wrote:

> My question was how do I implement your patch referenced at below
> link :)
>
> http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-2264?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin
> .
> system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel

Or easier, just use the built version from our Continuous Integration
server. see the download page.

Or even easier you can also wait till XE 1.5M2 is released at the end
of this week.