use in gwt

Robert J. Carr
I'm developing a large-ish web application using the Google Web Toolkit
(GWT) and one of the things I'd like to integrate is a wiki.  I'd like to
use an existing wiki engine and not develop from scratch, and in looking
around it seems that xwiki is the best java solution.

So, here are my questions:

1) Has anyone integrated xwiki into an existing GWT application?
2) And if not, has anyone integrated xwiki into any other existing java
web application?

Some guidance on how to approach this would be appreciated (high level is
okay, I'll sweat the details), if it is indeed agreed that xwiki is an
appropriate solution.

Thanks-
Robert

Re: use in gwt

jeremi joslin-2
Hi Robert,
We are currently developing on a GWT API. it's not complete yet, you
don't have all the functionnalities of the scripting API of XWiki, but
it's a beginning.
you can :
* get / add / save a document
* get the attachment links of this document
* get / add / save the objects of page
You are welcome to contribute your improvement to this API.

this api is available in the svn trunk of xwiki :
xwiki/trunk/web/gwt

We have 2 projects made on top of this API. On this projects, the GWT
is our only backend.

What function do you need from the wiki?

jeremi

On 2/21/07, Robert J. Carr <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm developing a large-ish web application using the Google Web Toolkit
> (GWT) and one of the things I'd like to integrate is a wiki.  I'd like to
> use an existing wiki engine and not develop from scratch, and in looking
> around it seems that xwiki is the best java solution.
>
> So, here are my questions:
>
> 1) Has anyone integrated xwiki into an existing GWT application?
> 2) And if not, has anyone integrated xwiki into any other existing java
> web application?
>
> Some guidance on how to approach this would be appreciated (high level is
> okay, I'll sweat the details), if it is indeed agreed that xwiki is an
> appropriate solution.
>
> Thanks-
> Robert

Jeremi Joslin (http://www.jeremi.info)
skype: jeremi23 - jabber: [hidden email]
http://www.xwiki.com - http://www.pengyou-project.info

Re: use in gwt

Leonardo Coelho-3

Hi, guys, sorry for disturbing your conversation w/ a newbie question...

I'm used to developing integrated systems... now I must integrate a Wiki to a Portal solution and I've chosen XWiki... I suppose it is a good choice... but I'm struggling to find good examples on how to retrieve data from XWiki via XML-RPC...

Maybe it's a lack of deep information... i guess it's not properly installed... sorry, could you give me any clue?

I've tried to retrieve information using something like this:

protected final static String XMLRPC_SERVER_URL = "http://localhost:8080/xwiki/bin/xmlrpc/confluence";

client = new XmlRpcClient();
        XmlRpcClientConfigImpl config = new XmlRpcClientConfigImpl();
        config.setServerURL(new URL(XMLRPC_SERVER_URL));

        client.setConfig(config);
       String loginToken;
        Vector<String> loginParams = new Vector<String>(2);
        loginParams.add("Admin");
        loginParams.add("admin");
        loginToken = (String) client.execute("confluence1.login", loginParams);
        System.out.println("Login: " + loginToken);

___

but it returns a error:

java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: http://localhost:8080/xwiki/bin/xmlrpc/confluence

And I can't solve this :(

I hope you can help me.

============================/
Leonardo Coelho

------------- Segue mensagem original! -------------

De: "jeremi joslin"
Data: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 09:03:57 +0100
Para: [hidden email]
Assunto: Re: [xwiki-users] use in gwt

On 2/21/07, Robert J. Carr wrote:

> I'm developing a large-ish web application using the Google Web Toolkit
> (GWT) and one of the things I'd like to integrate is a wiki. I'd like to
> use an existing wiki engine and not develop from scratch, and in looking
> around it seems that xwiki is the best java solution.
>
> So, here are my questions:
>
> 1) Has anyone integrated xwiki into an existing GWT application?
> 2) And if not, has anyone integrated xwiki into any other existing java
> web application?
>
> Some guidance on how to approach this would be appreciated (high level is
> okay, I'll sweat the details), if it is indeed agreed that xwiki is an
> appropriate solution.
>
> Thanks-
> Robert

Jeremi Joslin (http://www.jeremi.info)
skype: jeremi23 - jabber: [hidden email]
http://www.xwiki.com - http://www.pengyou-project.info

Re: use in gwt

Robert J. Carr
Thanks Jeremi, this is exactly what I was looking for.  I'll probably
get time later today to get the code and give it a shot.

Thanks again!

Robert

De: "jeremi joslin"
Data: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 09:03:57 +0100