using JSON (how?)

nsanitas
Hi there,

we have to parse and generate JSON in our code; we wonder wich is the
bast way/language (Velocity or Groovy) to do that in XWiki?

Thx by advance,
Nicolas

Re: using JSON (how?)

Jerome Velociter-4
Hi,

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 2:11 PM, Nicolas Sanitas
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> we have to parse and generate JSON in our code; we wonder wich is the
> bast way/language (Velocity or Groovy) to do that in XWiki?

There is a JSON tool in velocity to do the serializing part :
https://raw.github.com/xwiki/xwiki-commons/master/xwiki-commons-core/xwiki-commons-velocity/src/main/java/org/xwiki/velocity/tools/JSONTool.java

You could propose a patch to add simple Map parsing based on net.sf.json.

In groovy, you have the native JsonBuilder and JsonSlurpers to perform this
kind of things.

Cheers,
Jerome

> Thx by advance,
> Nicolas

Jérôme Velociter
Winesquare
http://www.winesquare.net/

Re: using JSON (how?)

nsanitas
Thank you Jérôme.

We've used JsonBuilder and JsonSlurpers (Groovy), and everything goes fine!

2012/7/24 Jerome Velociter <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 2:11 PM, Nicolas Sanitas
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> we have to parse and generate JSON in our code; we wonder wich is the
>> bast way/language (Velocity or Groovy) to do that in XWiki?
>>

> There is a JSON tool in velocity to do the serializing part :
> https://raw.github.com/xwiki/xwiki-commons/master/xwiki-commons-core/xwiki-commons-velocity/src/main/java/org/xwiki/velocity/tools/JSONTool.java
>
> You could propose a patch to add simple Map parsing based on net.sf.json.
>
> In groovy, you have the native JsonBuilder and JsonSlurpers to perform this
> kind of things.
>
> Cheers,
> Jerome
>

>> Thx by advance,
>> Nicolas

> Jérôme Velociter
> Winesquare
> http://www.winesquare.net/

Search suggest in Lyrebird

mathieu
Hello everyone,

I installed the Lyrebird Skin and i would like to know if it's possible
to have the Search Suggest application in the top bar (as colibri) ?

Thanks

Mathieu

Re: Search suggest in Lyrebird

Jérôme Velociter
Hello Mathieu,

I haven't got there yet, but that should be possible and not too
complex. It's a matter of adding the right JavaScript files and styling
the suggest component with bootstrap.css styles.

Jonathan is going to work on this for his xorange skin for the GSoC.
When he get there I'll look at it and try to find the time to do the
same in Lyrebird.

Peace,
--Jerome

On 07/24/2012 04:53 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I installed the Lyrebird Skin and i would like to know if it's possible
> to have the Search Suggest application in the top bar (as colibri) ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Mathieu

Re: Search suggest in Lyrebird

Paul Libbrecht-2
Maybe it'd be the opportunity to join with Savitha's GSoC?
auto-suggest is one of the features of solr and it would be best if the solr performance can be leveraged well into there.

paul