virtual wikis databases

rrodrigueznt
After playing for while trying to create new virtual wikis in a 1.2
XWiki installation I can only conclude that something weird is happening
here.

As far as I remember, once you create a new database for a new virtual
wiki, its schema is "automatically" updated. It seems that this doesn't
happen here.

Please, when must the schema be updated? The controller xwiki user has
full rights on the new virtual wiki database.

Thanks!

--
Ricardo Rodríguez
Your EPEC Network ICT Team

Re: virtual wikis databases

rrodrigueznt
[Ricardo Rodriguez] Your EPEC Network ICT Team wrote:

> After playing for while trying to create new virtual wikis in a 1.2
> XWiki installation I can only conclude that something weird is happening
> here.
>
> As far as I remember, once you create a new database for a new virtual
> wiki, its schema is "automatically" updated. It seems that this doesn't
> happen here.
>
> Please, when must the schema be updated? The controller xwiki user has
> full rights on the new virtual wiki database.
>
> Thanks!

After rebooting the server, it works now. The problem was somehow
related with no memory available for Java. I can not describe how we
reach this situation.

Cheers,

--
Ricardo Rodríguez
Your EPEC Network ICT Team

Re: virtual wikis databases

The schema is automatically updated the first time you try to reach
your subwiki. Also when you start xwiki server, all virtual servers
are updated.

By the way you can use the new Wiki Manager application to
mange/create/delete virtual wikis. Look at XWiki Enterprise manager to
know how to install it :
http://manager.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Installation

2008/1/23, [Ricardo Rodriguez] Your EPEC Network ICT Team
<[hidden email]>:

> [Ricardo Rodriguez] Your EPEC Network ICT Team wrote:
> > After playing for while trying to create new virtual wikis in a 1.2
> > XWiki installation I can only conclude that something weird is happening
> > here.
> >
> > As far as I remember, once you create a new database for a new virtual
> > wiki, its schema is "automatically" updated. It seems that this doesn't
> > happen here.
> >
> > Please, when must the schema be updated? The controller xwiki user has
> > full rights on the new virtual wiki database.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >

> After rebooting the server, it works now. The problem was somehow
> related with no memory available for Java. I can not describe how we
> reach this situation.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Ricardo Rodríguez
> Your EPEC Network ICT Team

Re: virtual wikis databases

Ricardo Rodríguez-2
Thomas Mortagne wrote
Hi,

The schema is automatically updated the first time you try to reach
your subwiki. Also when you start xwiki server, all virtual servers
are updated.
I've been seeing errors here preventing a correct database creation, but I've been not able to reproduce them. Finally they seem related with my servlet container more than with XWiki. The problem was solved by restarting the server.

Thomas Mortagne wrote
By the way you can use the new Wiki Manager application to
mange/create/delete virtual wikis. Look at XWiki Enterprise manager to
know how to install it :
http://manager.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Installation
Thanks. I am just trying to understand how things work prior to add more applications to the stack.