[vote] Bundle annotations in platform by default starting with 2.3M1

[vote] Bundle annotations in platform by default starting with 2.3M1

lucaa
Hi devs,

as part of 2.3M1, we'd like to commit and activate annotations by default in the
xwiki platform.

WDYT?

and as a strategy we could have:

1/ jars in platform and .xar that users can install if they want -- the .xar
would actually provide the interface of the annotations, js css & forms
2/ jars in platform and .xar included in XE by default

I think i'd go for 2/ in M stage. If we can't stabilize it enough for final, we
could get it out, but 2. would be fine for now.

Anca

Re: [vote] Bundle annotations in platform by default starting with 2.3M1

Sergiu Dumitriu-2
On 03/17/2010 11:56 AM, Anca Luca wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> as part of 2.3M1, we'd like to commit and activate annotations by default in the
> xwiki platform.

+1, but I'd like some non-js working UI in 2.4.

> WDYT?
>
> and as a strategy we could have:
>
> 1/ jars in platform and .xar that users can install if they want -- the .xar
> would actually provide the interface of the annotations, js css&  forms
> 2/ jars in platform and .xar included in XE by default
>
> I think i'd go for 2/ in M stage. If we can't stabilize it enough for final, we
> could get it out, but 2. would be fine for now.

+1 for 2/

http://purl.org/net/sergiu/

Re: [vote] Bundle annotations in platform by default starting with 2.3M1

Jessica Hawkwell-2
Sup peeps!  :D

I vote for option 2 on this one.  =^_^=
"jars in platform and .xar included in XE by default"

[pawprint]

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010, at 05:56:43, Anca Luca wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> as part of 2.3M1, we'd like to commit and activate annotations by default in the
> xwiki platform.
>
> WDYT?
>
> and as a strategy we could have:
>
> 1/ jars in platform and .xar that users can install if they want -- the .xar
> would actually provide the interface of the annotations, js css & forms
> 2/ jars in platform and .xar included in XE by default
>
> I think i'd go for 2/ in M stage. If we can't stabilize it enough for final, we
> could get it out, but 2. would be fine for now.

> Anca

Re: [vote] Bundle annotations in platform by default starting with 2.3M1

Guillaume Lerouge
+1 for 2/

Guillaume

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 9:53 PM, Jessica Hawkwell <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> Sup peeps!  :D
>
> I vote for option 2 on this one.  =^_^=
> "jars in platform and .xar included in XE by default"
>
> [pawprint]
>
> On Wed, 17 Mar 2010, at 05:56:43, Anca Luca wrote:
>
> > Hi devs,
> >
> > as part of 2.3M1, we'd like to commit and activate annotations by default
> in the
> > xwiki platform.
> >
> > WDYT?
> >
> > and as a strategy we could have:
> >
> > 1/ jars in platform and .xar that users can install if they want -- the
> .xar
> > would actually provide the interface of the annotations, js css & forms
> > 2/ jars in platform and .xar included in XE by default
> >
> > I think i'd go for 2/ in M stage. If we can't stabilize it enough for
> final, we
> > could get it out, but 2. would be fine for now.
> >
> > WDYT?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Anca

Guillaume Lerouge
Product Manager - XWiki SAS
Skype: wikibc
Twitter: glerouge
http://guillaumelerouge.com/

Re: [vote] Bundle annotations in platform by default starting with 2.3M1

Florin Ciubotaru
+1 for 2/

Florin Ciubotaru

On 3/17/2010 12:56 PM, Anca Luca wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> as part of 2.3M1, we'd like to commit and activate annotations by default in the
> xwiki platform.
>
> WDYT?
>
> and as a strategy we could have:
>
> 1/ jars in platform and .xar that users can install if they want -- the .xar
> would actually provide the interface of the annotations, js css&  forms
> 2/ jars in platform and .xar included in XE by default
>
> I think i'd go for 2/ in M stage. If we can't stabilize it enough for final, we
> could get it out, but 2. would be fine for now.

> Anca

Re: [vote] Bundle annotations in platform by default starting with 2.3M1

Jean-Vincent Drean-3
+1 for 2/

Thanks,
JV.