wiki to latex

Jan Kodera
Hi,
  I just searched for some LaTex stuff, and I found this http://goessner.net/articles/wiky/ .

   Wiky is a clientside Wiki markup to HTML converter written in javascript. As it is bidirectional, it can convert Wiki markup to HTML and later convert that generated HTML text back to Wiki markup. Optionally Wiky will create math formulas from a simple notation similar to LaTeX.

It may be great to make inline math editor.
Or another option how to get latex math syntax is JSPWiki Math Plugin. It is written in pure java.

Honza

Re: wiki to latex

Paul Libbrecht
Hello,

I would be looking forward for advice to plug such a converter (which architecture, which classes etc).
I am mostly interested into the second part... math-in-xwiki although wiki-to-latex-and-to-pdf is a nice direction to take in any case.

Within intergeo we intend to enrich Curriki with MathML or TeX-markup and content-oriented markup. So there is some overlap and most probably our results might converge into a math extension for xwiki.

Please do note that there are dozens of latex-like syntaxes and that the non-like-ness is often considered a problem. I would be tending to offer a full tex (based on TeX) at least as one possibility.

HotEqn, which is the basis of the JSP Wiki Math Plugin, seems fairly nice and somewhat complete but I couldn't find its license. Could you ? I saw posts that say that it is GPL... but I could not verify it.

paul

Le 4 janv. 08 à 09:02, Jan Kodera a écrit :

Hi,
  I just searched for some LaTex stuff, and I found this http://goessner.net/articles/wiky/ .

   Wiky is a clientside Wiki markup to HTML converter written in javascript. As it is bidirectional, it can convert Wiki markup to HTML and later convert that generated HTML text back to Wiki markup. Optionally Wiky will create math formulas from a simple notation similar to LaTeX.

It may be great to make inline math editor.
Or another option how to get latex math syntax is JSPWiki Math Plugin. It is written in pure java.

Honza

smime.p7s (2K) Download Attachment

Re: wiki to latex

Hi Paul,

On Jan 4, 2008, at 11:41 PM, Paul Libbrecht wrote:

Hello,

I would be looking forward for advice to plug such a converter (which architecture, which classes etc).

I think the easiest would be to create a Radeox multiline Macro and when this macro executes, everything inside is rendered using some external mathML/Tex* renderer engine. That's really easy to do.

Another solution which is also nice would be to write a XWiki Plugin and thus offer an API for rendering mathML/Tex* text and then create a velocity macro that calls that XWiki plugin.

Hope it helps,
-Vincent

[...]

I forgot to mention one thing.

I'm currently working on writing a Maven Doxia parser for XWiki. Since Doxia has a Latex sink this means that it's going to be possible to convert xwiki pages to latex very easily.

I'll keep you posted. I should have a first version of it ready in 1 or 2 weeks.

On Jan 5, 2008, at 9:45 AM, Vincent Massol wrote:

[...]

Axel-16
On Jan 4, 2008 11:41 PM, Paul Libbrecht <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I would be looking forward for advice to plug such a converter (which
> architecture, which classes etc).
> I am mostly interested into the second part... math-in-xwiki although
> wiki-to-latex-and-to-pdf is a nice direction to take in any case.
Hi

In my matheclipse wiki project I'm using the JavaScript jsMath library.
You can find some examples here:
http://matheclipse.org/en/StartingPoints#Testpages_from_Wikipedia
here is a short description how I installed it in jamwiki:
http://www.groovy-news.org/e/page/axelclk?entry=jsmath_new_version_3_4d

> HotEqn, which is the basis of the JSP Wiki Math Plugin, seems fairly nice
> and somewhat complete but I couldn't find its license. Could you ? I saw
> posts that say that it is GPL... but I could not verify it.
Here is what I found about the JMathTeX  and HotEqn sources/projects:
http://www.groovy-news.org/e/page/axelclk?entry=jmathtex_example_render_tex_formula

But I'm currently not using any of these libraries.

--
Axel Kramer
WikiBlog: http://www.groovy-news.org/e/page/axelclk