xWiki server is slow

ThomasvdW
Our xWiki server is very slow

Our server is running on TomCat version 6
The database is a Windows 2003 MySQL it has 4GB Ram and 2 processors

Does anybody know a solution?

Re: xWiki server is slow

What version of XWiki?

You should read this page:
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Performances

On Feb 5, 2013, at 3:12 PM, ThomasvdW <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Our xWiki server is very slow
>
> Our server is running on TomCat version 6
> The database is a Windows 2003 MySQL it has 4GB Ram and 2 processors
>
> Does anybody know a solution?

Re: xWiki server is slow

Roman Muntyanu
Some time ago we also had performance issues.
In our case it was 4GB + 2 CPU, 32 bit virtual machine running on CentOS 5.4.
Database (MySQL 5.0.70) was on the same server.
Tomcat 6.x.
We had ~25 active users of wiki and ~1.5K documents.

In addition we had our Jenkins, Sonar and Archiva running on the same Tomcat.
This has led to high memory usage (especially perm gen which was set for 512M) and actually we have allocated all the memory we could under 32 bit. But still responsiveness grew slower with time (due to often GC) and eventually we got OOM.

Problem was solved by migrating to 64 bit Centos 5.8 and setting -Xmx4096M -Xms4096M -XX:MaxPermSize=512M
We have also increased cache capacity from 500 to 1000 documents

Hope this info helps :)

@XWiki-committers: I think it would be a good idea of publishing system requirements depending on the number of concurrent users and amount of documents in the database.

On Feb 5, 2013, at 3:46 PM, Roman Muntyanu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Some time ago we also had performance issues.
> In our case it was 4GB + 2 CPU, 32 bit virtual machine running on CentOS 5.4.
> Database (MySQL 5.0.70) was on the same server.
> Tomcat 6.x.
> We had ~25 active users of wiki and ~1.5K documents.
>
> In addition we had our Jenkins, Sonar and Archiva running on the same Tomcat.
> This has led to high memory usage (especially perm gen which was set for 512M) and actually we have allocated all the memory we could under 32 bit. But still responsiveness grew slower with time (due to often GC) and eventually we got OOM.
>
> Problem was solved by migrating to 64 bit Centos 5.8 and setting -Xmx4096M -Xms4096M -XX:MaxPermSize=512M
> We have also increased cache capacity from 500 to 1000 documents
>
> Hope this info helps :)
>
> @XWiki-committers: I think it would be a good idea of publishing system requirements depending on the number of concurrent users and amount of documents in the database.

It's not that simple and actually the best placed to do this are probably users, not developers ;)

You could start a document about that here:
http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Drafts/WebHome