xmlrpc question

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

xmlrpc question

kwoot
Hello,

When I use the XMLRPC interface from Python I can store a lot of pages,
attachments and even convert syntaxes.

But how can I find if some
attachment already exists in the wiki to make a link to that attachment
and not upload the same attachment over and over again?

kind regards,


--
Kind regards,
ONVZ Healthinsurance

Jeroen Baten
Consultant
IT Staff dept.

De Molen 66
Postbus 392
3990 GD  Houten

Tel: +31 30 639 65 08
Fax: +31 30 639 63 25


Deze e-Mail en de inhoud daarvan  is vertrouwelijk. Indien dit bericht niet voor u bestemd is, verzoeken wij u vriendelijk deze e-mail direct aan ons te retourneren en daarna te verwijderen. Openbaarmaking, vermenigvuldiging, verstrekking en/of gebruik door derden van dit e-mail bericht en/of informatie is niet toegestaan. De verzender sluit elke aansprakelijkheid uit in verband met het niet juist, onvolledig of niet tijdig overkomen van de informatie in deze e-mail.

Deze e-mail is gecontroleerd op virussen.
_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: xmlrpc question

Florin Ciubotaru
Hi,

On 3/16/2010 9:38 AM, Jeroen Baten wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When I use the XMLRPC interface from Python I can store a lot of pages,
> attachments and even convert syntaxes.
>
> But how can I find if some
> attachment already exists in the wiki to make a link to that attachment
> and not upload the same attachment over and over again?
>    
Add attachment doesn't have the optional check version as storePage has.
I think the only way to do that right now is to get the list of
attachments of a page before you start the upload.
For that you can use the Attachment[] getAttachments(..) method. The
Attachment map contains an 'url' key.

You can check the xml-rpc api & model at:
-
http://svn.xwiki.org/svnroot/xwiki/platform/core/trunk/xwiki-xmlrpc/xwiki-xmlrpc-model/src/main/java/org/xwiki/xmlrpc/
For a more complete model and documented api please check:
-
http://svn.xwiki.org/svnroot/xwiki/xoffice/trunk/xword/Connectivity/Clients/XmlRpc/

We have some missing elements in our xml-rpc documentation on xwiki.org,
is this something you could contribute?

Thanks,
Florin Ciubotaru
> kind regards,
>
>
>    

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: xmlrpc question

kwoot
Yes, but what if you want to link to an existing attachment on another
page and you don't know the title of that other page.

So:
1-ask system list of all attachments with pages where there exist
2-link to attachment on other page.

Willing to contribute when I know what to write :-)

any thoughts on why getPageHistory exists in java class but doesn't work
in python? Or is xwiki intelligent enough to prevent calls to yet
undocumented classes? :-)

kind regards,

On Tue, 2010-03-16 at 11:10 +0200, Florin Ciubotaru wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 3/16/2010 9:38 AM, Jeroen Baten wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > When I use the XMLRPC interface from Python I can store a lot of pages,
> > attachments and even convert syntaxes.
> >
> > But how can I find if some
> > attachment already exists in the wiki to make a link to that attachment
> > and not upload the same attachment over and over again?
> >    
> Add attachment doesn't have the optional check version as storePage has.
> I think the only way to do that right now is to get the list of
> attachments of a page before you start the upload.
> For that you can use the Attachment[] getAttachments(..) method. The
> Attachment map contains an 'url' key.
>
> You can check the xml-rpc api & model at:
> -
> http://svn.xwiki.org/svnroot/xwiki/platform/core/trunk/xwiki-xmlrpc/xwiki-xmlrpc-model/src/main/java/org/xwiki/xmlrpc/
> For a more complete model and documented api please check:
> -
> http://svn.xwiki.org/svnroot/xwiki/xoffice/trunk/xword/Connectivity/Clients/XmlRpc/
>
> We have some missing elements in our xml-rpc documentation on xwiki.org,
> is this something you could contribute?
>
> Thanks,
> Florin Ciubotaru
> > kind regards,
> >
> >
> >    
>
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users


--
Kind regards,
ONVZ Healthinsurance

Jeroen Baten
Consultant
IT Staff dept.

De Molen 66
Postbus 392
3990 GD  Houten

Tel: +31 30 639 65 08
Fax: +31 30 639 63 25


Deze e-Mail en de inhoud daarvan  is vertrouwelijk. Indien dit bericht niet voor u bestemd is, verzoeken wij u vriendelijk deze e-mail direct aan ons te retourneren en daarna te verwijderen. Openbaarmaking, vermenigvuldiging, verstrekking en/of gebruik door derden van dit e-mail bericht en/of informatie is niet toegestaan. De verzender sluit elke aansprakelijkheid uit in verband met het niet juist, onvolledig of niet tijdig overkomen van de informatie in deze e-mail.

Deze e-mail is gecontroleerd op virussen.
_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: xmlrpc question

Florin Ciubotaru
Jeroen,

On 3/16/2010 11:34 AM, Jeroen Baten wrote:
> Yes, but what if you want to link to an existing attachment on another
> page and you don't know the title of that other page.
>
> So:
> 1-ask system list of all attachments with pages where there exist
>    
You mean searching all pages containing attachments or a certain
attachment? You could try the search method, though I'm not sure it
supports all hql queries. The xml result will be quite big on a large wiki.
If not, there's always the force brute way: getSpaces -> getPages ->
getAttachments
> 2-link to attachment on other page.
>    
I'm not sure I understand your use case. The url is still the same if
you don't want to translate it into a xwiki syntax url.
> Willing to contribute when I know what to write :-)
>
> any thoughts on why getPageHistory exists in java class but doesn't work
> in python? Or is xwiki intelligent enough to prevent calls to yet
> undocumented classes? :-)
>    
Not sure why the call fails. We need more details on this.

Florin Ciubotaru

> kind regards,
>
> On Tue, 2010-03-16 at 11:10 +0200, Florin Ciubotaru wrote:
>    
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 3/16/2010 9:38 AM, Jeroen Baten wrote:
>>      
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> When I use the XMLRPC interface from Python I can store a lot of pages,
>>> attachments and even convert syntaxes.
>>>
>>> But how can I find if some
>>> attachment already exists in the wiki to make a link to that attachment
>>> and not upload the same attachment over and over again?
>>>
>>>        
>> Add attachment doesn't have the optional check version as storePage has.
>> I think the only way to do that right now is to get the list of
>> attachments of a page before you start the upload.
>> For that you can use the Attachment[] getAttachments(..) method. The
>> Attachment map contains an 'url' key.
>>
>> You can check the xml-rpc api&  model at:
>> -
>> http://svn.xwiki.org/svnroot/xwiki/platform/core/trunk/xwiki-xmlrpc/xwiki-xmlrpc-model/src/main/java/org/xwiki/xmlrpc/
>> For a more complete model and documented api please check:
>> -
>> http://svn.xwiki.org/svnroot/xwiki/xoffice/trunk/xword/Connectivity/Clients/XmlRpc/
>>
>> We have some missing elements in our xml-rpc documentation on xwiki.org,
>> is this something you could contribute?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Florin Ciubotaru
>>      
>>> kind regards,
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>        
>> _______________________________________________
>> users mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
>>      
>
>    

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: xmlrpc question

kwoot
On Tue, 2010-03-16 at 12:13 +0200, Florin Ciubotaru wrote:
> Jeroen,
>
> On 3/16/2010 11:34 AM, Jeroen Baten wrote:    
> You mean searching all pages containing attachments or a certain
> attachment? You could try the search method, though I'm not sure it
> supports all hql queries. The xml result will be quite big on a large wiki.
> If not, there's always the force brute way: getSpaces -> getPages ->
> getAttachments

:-)

> > any thoughts on why getPageHistory exists in java class but doesn't work
> > in python? Or is xwiki intelligent enough to prevent calls to yet
> > undocumented classes? :-)
> >    
> Not sure why the call fails. We need more details on this.

see: XE-618 in jira for the details:
http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XE-618 

kind regards,



--
Kind regards,
ONVZ Healthinsurance

Jeroen Baten
Consultant
IT Staff dept.

De Molen 66
Postbus 392
3990 GD  Houten

Tel: +31 30 639 65 08
Fax: +31 30 639 63 25


Deze e-Mail en de inhoud daarvan  is vertrouwelijk. Indien dit bericht niet voor u bestemd is, verzoeken wij u vriendelijk deze e-mail direct aan ons te retourneren en daarna te verwijderen. Openbaarmaking, vermenigvuldiging, verstrekking en/of gebruik door derden van dit e-mail bericht en/of informatie is niet toegestaan. De verzender sluit elke aansprakelijkheid uit in verband met het niet juist, onvolledig of niet tijdig overkomen van de informatie in deze e-mail.

Deze e-mail is gecontroleerd op virussen.
_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users