xwiki.cfg source

Tiago Rinck Caveden
Hello,

I'm following what's written here
http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/Building#HExecutingtheStandardWebWARquicklyindevelopmentmode
so I can test more easily what I'm doing, but I'm having some problems
to change the default xwiki.cfg file.
I need it to start it with the GraphViz plugin enabled. I found the
pom.xml that contains the plugin declarations and added GraphViz
plugin there, that works, but I can't find where I need to uncomment
and set the properties that define where the executables are. I tried
changing the \trunks\xwiki-platform-tools\xwiki-configuration-resources\src\main\resources\xwiki.cfg.vm
file but that doesn't seem to be enough, as the target xwiki.cfg is
always generated with the default values, that is, GraphViz properties
commented and unset.

Which file do I need to change to get a different xwiki.cfg at my build?

Tiago Rinck Caveden
http://caveden.multiply.com
Tiago Rinck Caveden
http://caveden.multiply.com

Re: xwiki.cfg source

Artem Melentyev-3
Tiago Rinck Caveden wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm following what's written here
> http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/Building#HExecutingtheStandardWebWARquicklyindevelopmentmode
> so I can test more easily what I'm doing, but I'm having some problems
> to change the default xwiki.cfg file.
> I need it to start it with the GraphViz plugin enabled. I found the
> pom.xml that contains the plugin declarations and added GraphViz
> plugin there, that works, but I can't find where I need to uncomment
> and set the properties that define where the executables are. I tried
> changing the \trunks\xwiki-platform-tools\xwiki-configuration-resources\src\main\resources\xwiki.cfg.vm
> file but that doesn't seem to be enough, as the target xwiki.cfg is
> always generated with the default values, that is, GraphViz properties
> commented and unset.
>
> Which file do I need to change to get a different xwiki.cfg at my build?

xwiki.cfg.vm should work. Try to rebuild.

You can also use xwikiCfgAdditionalProperties in xwiki-platform-pom/pom.xml

Re: xwiki.cfg source

Tiago Rinck Caveden
On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 5:20 PM, Artem Melentyev <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> xwiki.cfg.vm should work. Try to rebuild.

Well, I did a mvn clean on the root directory (trunks), went to
xwiki-platform-web/standard, executed the mvn install
-Pjettyrun,mysqlcommand and it didn't work again, the xwiki.cfg was
not as my xwiki.cfg.vm.
And it's not only this way of building that doesn't work. If I build with mvn
install -Pmysql on the root dir it doesn't generate the xwiki.cfg as the
xwiki.cfg.vm.

May I be missing something?

By the way, is the code that generates the xwiki.cfg out of the xwiki.cfg.vm
part of XWiki? I mean, could I put a breakpoint there while running maven to
see what is the problem?

Thank you,
--
Tiago Rinck Caveden
http://caveden.multiply.com
Tiago Rinck Caveden
http://caveden.multiply.com

Re: xwiki.cfg source

Jean-Vincent Drean
On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 2:10 PM, Tiago Rinck Caveden <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 5:20 PM, Artem Melentyev <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> xwiki.cfg.vm should work. Try to rebuild.
>
> Well, I did a mvn clean on the root directory (trunks), went to
> xwiki-platform-web/standard, executed the mvn install
> -Pjettyrun,mysqlcommand and it didn't work again, the xwiki.cfg was
> not as my xwiki.cfg.vm.
> And it's not only this way of building that doesn't work. If I build with mvn
> install -Pmysql on the root dir it doesn't generate the xwiki.cfg as the
> xwiki.cfg.vm.
>
> May I be missing something?

You need to build the configuration resources tool (located in
xwiki-platform-tools) before building xwiki-plaform-web/standard.

--
Jean-Vincent Drean

Re: xwiki.cfg source

Tiago Rinck Caveden
On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 2:29 PM, Jean-Vincent Drean <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You need to build the configuration resources tool (located in
> xwiki-platform-tools) before building xwiki-plaform-web/standard.

Great, that worked! Thanks!

May I ask one more question? :P
Apparently the mvn clean on the root directory was not really cleaning
everything, since the build was getting an older version of the cfg file
from somewhere else. So, how do you do in the development team? Is there
another way to force a full rebuild or you simply build this particular
module in separate when you change configuration files (and for everything
else maven does the work)?

Tiago Rinck Caveden
http://caveden.multiply.com
Tiago Rinck Caveden
http://caveden.multiply.com

Re: xwiki.cfg source

Jean-Vincent Drean
On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 2:50 PM, Tiago Rinck Caveden <[hidden email]> wrote:
> May I ask one more question? :P
> Apparently the mvn clean on the root directory was not really cleaning
> everything, since the build was getting an older version of the cfg file
> from somewhere else.

The root pom.xml default profile (xe) doesn't reference
xwiki-platform-tools so you were always getting a config resources
tool from our repository (since yours wasn't built).
See : http://svn.xwiki.org/svnroot/xwiki/trunks/pom.xml
If you want to build everything including tools you have to do : mvn
install -Pall

> So, how do you do in the development team? Is there
> another way to force a full rebuild or you simply build this particular
> module in separate when you change configuration files (and for everything
> else maven does the work)?

We don't modify xwiki.cfg very often but, when we do it and commit it,
the continuous build push the new config resources tools on our maven
repo.
In your case I'd advice not to modify this tool but to make
modifications to xwiki-product-enterprise/web/pom.xml instead.
See : http://svn.xwiki.org/svnroot/xwiki/xwiki-products/xwiki-enterprise/trunk/web/pom.xml
You can use xwikiCfgAdditionalProperties to add anything you want to the cfg.

--
Jean-Vincent Drean

Re: xwiki.cfg source

Tiago Rinck Caveden
Thank you Jean-Vicent for the info, it's very useful.
(I leave here my suggestion to add this sort of info somewhere, maybe at the
Community.Building page at dev.xwiki.org, when anybody happens to have time
for it ;-))

Thanks!

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 3:02 PM, Jean-Vincent Drean <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 2:50 PM, Tiago Rinck Caveden <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > May I ask one more question? :P
> > Apparently the mvn clean on the root directory was not really cleaning
> > everything, since the build was getting an older version of the cfg file
> > from somewhere else.
>
> The root pom.xml default profile (xe) doesn't reference
> xwiki-platform-tools so you were always getting a config resources
> tool from our repository (since yours wasn't built).
> See : http://svn.xwiki.org/svnroot/xwiki/trunks/pom.xml
> If you want to build everything including tools you have to do : mvn
> install -Pall
>
> > So, how do you do in the development team? Is there
> > another way to force a full rebuild or you simply build this particular
> > module in separate when you change configuration files (and for
> everything
> > else maven does the work)?
>
> We don't modify xwiki.cfg very often but, when we do it and commit it,
> the continuous build push the new config resources tools on our maven
> repo.
> In your case I'd advice not to modify this tool but to make
> modifications to xwiki-product-enterprise/web/pom.xml instead.
> See :
> http://svn.xwiki.org/svnroot/xwiki/xwiki-products/xwiki-enterprise/trunk/web/pom.xml
> You can use xwikiCfgAdditionalProperties to add anything you want to the
> cfg.
>
> --
> Jean-Vincent Drean

Tiago Rinck Caveden
http://caveden.multiply.com
Tiago Rinck Caveden
http://caveden.multiply.com

Re: xwiki.cfg source

Tiago Rinck Caveden
On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 3:02 PM, Jean-Vincent Drean <[hidden email]> wrote:

> See :
> http://svn.xwiki.org/svnroot/xwiki/xwiki-products/xwiki-enterprise/trunk/web/pom.xml
> You can use xwikiCfgAdditionalProperties to add anything you want to the
> cfg.

Did you mean
http://svn.xwiki.org/svnroot/xwiki/xwiki-platform/pom/trunk/pom.xml ?

It only worked after I edited this one...

--
Tiago Rinck Caveden
http://caveden.multiply.com