[xwiki-dev] xwiki.org ergonomy

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[xwiki-dev] xwiki.org ergonomy

jeremi joslin
I started to design a new ergonomy more simple, more common for the XWiki wiki.

take a look at :
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Dev/NewErgoXWiki
I'm waiting for your feedback.

Jérémi
--
Blog: http://www.jeremi.info
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1437724
http://www.xwiki.org
skype: jeremi23 -- msn et gtalk : [hidden email]



--
You receive this message as a subscriber of the [hidden email] mailing list.
To unsubscribe: mailto:[hidden email]
For general help: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=help
ObjectWeb mailing lists service home page: http://www.objectweb.org/wws
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[xwiki-dev] Re: xwiki.org ergonomy

Ludovic Dubost

Hi,

Yes it looks nice. It makes sense to switch back to 2 columns. The info
in the toolbar should probably go in a collapsable toolbar which should
be collapsed by default.
Concerning the look we have multiple possibilities:

1/ Either a new skin
2/ Either the same as xwiki.com but with different colors

Ludovic

jeremi joslin a écrit :

> I started to design a new ergonomy more simple, more common for the XWiki wiki.
>
> take a look at :
> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Dev/NewErgoXWiki
> I'm waiting for your feedback.
>
> Jérémi
> --
> Blog: http://www.jeremi.info
> LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1437724
> http://www.xwiki.org
> skype: jeremi23 -- msn et gtalk : [hidden email]
>
>  
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> --
> You receive this message as a subscriber of the [hidden email] mailing list.
> To unsubscribe: mailto:[hidden email]
> For general help: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=help
> ObjectWeb mailing lists service home page: http://www.objectweb.org/wws
>  

--
Ludovic Dubost
XPertNet: http://www.xpertnet.fr/
Blog: http://www.ludovic.org/blog/
XWiki: http://www.xwiki.com
Skype: ldubost AIM: nvludo Yahoo: ludovic




--
You receive this message as a subscriber of the [hidden email] mailing list.
To unsubscribe: mailto:[hidden email]
For general help: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=help
ObjectWeb mailing lists service home page: http://www.objectweb.org/wws
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: xwiki.org ergonomy

Enrique Ferreyra
Hi again

How i delete the rigth toolbar ??

I delete XWiki.Toolbar but still are thing there, the search, and recent
pages....

TIA

Ludovic Dubost escribió:

>
> Hi,
>
> Yes it looks nice. It makes sense to switch back to 2 columns. The
> info in the toolbar should probably go in a collapsable toolbar which
> should be collapsed by default.
> Concerning the look we have multiple possibilities:
>
> 1/ Either a new skin
> 2/ Either the same as xwiki.com but with different colors
>
> Ludovic
>
> jeremi joslin a écrit :
>
>> I started to design a new ergonomy more simple, more common for the
>> XWiki wiki.
>>
>> take a look at :
>> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Dev/NewErgoXWiki
>> I'm waiting for your feedback.
>>
>> Jérémi
>> --
>> Blog: http://www.jeremi.info
>> LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1437724
>> http://www.xwiki.org
>> skype: jeremi23 -- msn et gtalk : [hidden email]
>>
>>  
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>
>> --
>> You receive this message as a subscriber of the
>> [hidden email] mailing list.
>> To unsubscribe: mailto:[hidden email]
>> For general help: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=help
>> ObjectWeb mailing lists service home page: http://www.objectweb.org/wws
>>  
>
>
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>--
>You receive this message as a subscriber of the [hidden email] mailing list.
>To unsubscribe: mailto:[hidden email]
>For general help: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=help
>ObjectWeb mailing lists service home page: http://www.objectweb.org/wws
>  
>
--
  A.U.S. Enrique Ferreyra
    Centro de Cómputos
 Red Megatone - Red Confina




--
You receive this message as a subscriber of the [hidden email] mailing list.
To unsubscribe: mailto:[hidden email]
For general help: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=help
ObjectWeb mailing lists service home page: http://www.objectweb.org/wws
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: xwiki.org ergonomy

Marc Lijour
In reply to this post by jeremi joslin

Would it be possible to get something looking like piczo
(http://www.piczo.com/) going?

I have a potential client looking for a content-management system, open
source, which would allow the same (or better) ease-of-use to design the web
page look-and-feel.
Think power of piczo-like framework doubled with the Wiki power... can
somebody handle that?   ;-)

On February 6, 2006 09:13 am, jeremi joslin wrote:

> I started to design a new ergonomy more simple, more common for the XWiki
> wiki.
>
> take a look at :
> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Dev/NewErgoXWiki
> I'm waiting for your feedback.
>
> Jérémi
> --
> Blog: http://www.jeremi.info
> LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1437724
> http://www.xwiki.org
> skype: jeremi23 -- msn et gtalk : [hidden email]


--
You receive this message as a subscriber of the [hidden email] mailing list.
To unsubscribe: mailto:[hidden email]
For general help: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=help
ObjectWeb mailing lists service home page: http://www.objectweb.org/wws
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: xwiki.org ergonomy

jeremi joslin
On 2/7/06, Marc Lijour <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Would it be possible to get something looking like piczo
> (http://www.piczo.com/) going?
>
> I have a potential client looking for a content-management system, open
> source, which would allow the same (or better) ease-of-use to design the web
> page look-and-feel.
> Think power of piczo-like framework doubled with the Wiki power... can
> somebody handle that?   ;-)
>
it's for the wiki of the community of developpers XWiki, not for he wiki farm.

But why not if a designer is able to do this with XWiki for the farm.

Jérémi

--
Blog: http://www.jeremi.info
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1437724
http://www.xwiki.org
skype: jeremi23 -- msn et gtalk : [hidden email]



--
You receive this message as a subscriber of the [hidden email] mailing list.
To unsubscribe: mailto:[hidden email]
For general help: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=help
ObjectWeb mailing lists service home page: http://www.objectweb.org/wws
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: xwiki.org ergonomy

jeremi joslin
In reply to this post by Enrique Ferreyra
On 2/6/06, Enrique Ferreyra <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi again
>
> How i delete the rigth toolbar ??
>
> I delete XWiki.Toolbar but still are thing there, the search, and recent
> pages....
>

hi,

http://www.xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/view/Doc/HowToRemoveTheToolbar


Jérémi
--
Blog: http://www.jeremi.info
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1437724
http://www.xwiki.org
skype: jeremi23 -- msn et gtalk : [hidden email]



--
You receive this message as a subscriber of the [hidden email] mailing list.
To unsubscribe: mailto:[hidden email]
For general help: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=help
ObjectWeb mailing lists service home page: http://www.objectweb.org/wws
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: xwiki.org ergonomy

Enrique Ferreyra
Hi Jeremy

Very sorry, was on the FAQ i read it all now, still not my favorite
feature this. :)

One more issue, about the search, is a very important thing for my
implementation (in which not), there is some more advance search
technique ? (than the example with comes xwiki), is very limited, for
example is case-sensitive, can i change that, put regular expression or
something for give the search more power and functionality ? Maybe use
some tool ? the site is not going open internet, so i cant use a google
search limited to mi site :(


Thanks!!

E. Ferreyra



jeremi joslin escribió:

>On 2/6/06, Enrique Ferreyra <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  
>
>>Hi again
>>
>>How i delete the rigth toolbar ??
>>
>>I delete XWiki.Toolbar but still are thing there, the search, and recent
>>pages....
>>
>>    
>>
>
>hi,
>
>http://www.xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/view/Doc/HowToRemoveTheToolbar
>
>
>Jérémi
>--
>Blog: http://www.jeremi.info
>LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1437724
>http://www.xwiki.org
>skype: jeremi23 -- msn et gtalk : [hidden email]
>
>  
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>--
>You receive this message as a subscriber of the [hidden email] mailing list.
>To unsubscribe: mailto:[hidden email]
>For general help: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=help
>ObjectWeb mailing lists service home page: http://www.objectweb.org/wws
>  
>
--
  A.U.S. Enrique Ferreyra
    Centro de Cómputos
 Red Megatone - Red Confina




--
You receive this message as a subscriber of the [hidden email] mailing list.
To unsubscribe: mailto:[hidden email]
For general help: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=help
ObjectWeb mailing lists service home page: http://www.objectweb.org/wws
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: xwiki.org ergonomy

jeremi joslin
On 2/7/06, Enrique Ferreyra <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Jeremy
>
> Very sorry, was on the FAQ i read it all now, still not my favorite
> feature this. :)
No matter, it's not easy to find it.

>
> One more issue, about the search, is a very important thing for my
> implementation (in which not), there is some more advance search
> technique ? (than the example with comes xwiki), is very limited, for
> example is case-sensitive, can i change that, put regular expression or
> something for give the search more power and functionality ? Maybe use
> some tool ? the site is not going open internet, so i cant use a google
> search limited to mi site :(
>
ther is two ways to do it:
* You can use the powerfull Lucene plugin to search on your wiki made
by J Kramer : http://svn.forge.objectweb.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/xwiki/xwiki-plugins/lucene/
* you can build your own sql query to search on the db and show the
result. You can see an example here :
http://www.xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebSearch?xpage=code&


Jérémi
--
Blog: http://www.jeremi.info
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1437724
http://www.xwiki.org
skype: jeremi23 -- msn et gtalk : [hidden email]



--
You receive this message as a subscriber of the [hidden email] mailing list.
To unsubscribe: mailto:[hidden email]
For general help: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=help
ObjectWeb mailing lists service home page: http://www.objectweb.org/wws
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: xwiki.org ergonomy

jeremi joslin
On 2/7/06, jeremi joslin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ther is two ways to do it:
> * You can use the powerfull Lucene plugin to search on your wiki made
> by J Kramer : http://svn.forge.objectweb.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/xwiki/xwiki-plugins/lucene/
you can also take a look at
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Dev/XWikiLucenePlugin


Jérémi
--
Blog: http://www.jeremi.info
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1437724
http://www.xwiki.org
skype: jeremi23 -- msn et gtalk : [hidden email]



--
You receive this message as a subscriber of the [hidden email] mailing list.
To unsubscribe: mailto:[hidden email]
For general help: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=help
ObjectWeb mailing lists service home page: http://www.objectweb.org/wws
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: xwiki.org ergonomy

Enrique Ferreyra
In reply to this post by jeremi joslin
Thanks i try Lucene!!

(sorry if there is some bad english in the next lines, i never really
study, i learn watching TV when ESPN come to mi local cable :)

I send a snapshot of how im going, the context: in my job im part of a
small group of  "new technology", we are mostly developing in Informix
4gl and Clarion, so new technology is really relative :)

Anyway, we are doing a initial stage where we study and register things
possibly useful for a new implementation of our applications (Java
driven, but with some open ideas for other technologies), later we plan
to make some example models for things interesting for my company on
these technologies, a point of sale for example...

Obviously this first stage is where XWiki plays for collaboration and
knowledge base mostly, hoping that if i make a good implementation,
expand to other things.

Now other question, how important is the Documents hierachy ? my xwiki
is not like a tree structure, more a graph structure and the hierachy is
kind of messy....

Thanks for the help.


jeremi joslin escribió:

>On 2/7/06, Enrique Ferreyra <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  
>
>>Hi Jeremy
>>
>>Very sorry, was on the FAQ i read it all now, still not my favorite
>>feature this. :)
>>    
>>
>No matter, it's not easy to find it.
>
>  
>
>>One more issue, about the search, is a very important thing for my
>>implementation (in which not), there is some more advance search
>>technique ? (than the example with comes xwiki), is very limited, for
>>example is case-sensitive, can i change that, put regular expression or
>>something for give the search more power and functionality ? Maybe use
>>some tool ? the site is not going open internet, so i cant use a google
>>search limited to mi site :(
>>
>>    
>>
>ther is two ways to do it:
>* You can use the powerfull Lucene plugin to search on your wiki made
>by J Kramer : http://svn.forge.objectweb.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/xwiki/xwiki-plugins/lucene/
>* you can build your own sql query to search on the db and show the
>result. You can see an example here :
>http://www.xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebSearch?xpage=code&
>
>
>Jérémi
>--
>Blog: http://www.jeremi.info
>LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1437724
>http://www.xwiki.org
>skype: jeremi23 -- msn et gtalk : [hidden email]
>
>  
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>--
>You receive this message as a subscriber of the [hidden email] mailing list.
>To unsubscribe: mailto:[hidden email]
>For general help: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=help
>ObjectWeb mailing lists service home page: http://www.objectweb.org/wws
>  
>
--
  A.U.S. Enrique Ferreyra
    Centro de Cómputos
 Red Megatone - Red Confina


tecwiki.jpg (58K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: xwiki.org ergonomy

jeremi joslin
On 2/7/06, Enrique Ferreyra <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks i try Lucene!!
>
> (sorry if there is some bad english in the next lines, i never really
> study, i learn watching TV when ESPN come to mi local cable :)
No matter, mine is not very good too :-)

>
> I send a snapshot of how im going, the context: in my job im part of a
> small group of  "new technology", we are mostly developing in Informix
> 4gl and Clarion, so new technology is really relative :)
lol

>
> Anyway, we are doing a initial stage where we study and register things
> possibly useful for a new implementation of our applications (Java
> driven, but with some open ideas for other technologies), later we plan
> to make some example models for things interesting for my company on
> these technologies, a point of sale for example...
>
> Obviously this first stage is where XWiki plays for collaboration and
> knowledge base mostly, hoping that if i make a good implementation,
> expand to other things.
cool
>
> Now other question, how important is the Documents hierachy ? my xwiki
> is not like a tree structure, more a graph structure and the hierachy is
> kind of messy....
I think it's normal for a wiki. Every wiki is more like a graph than
tree. It's a big difference with with other way to share information.

here is a script to see a wiki with a mindmap (using the parent
relationship of pages)
http://fr.runnerslifestyle.com/xwiki/bin/view/Main/MindMap?xpage=code

>
> Thanks for the help.
You are welcome


if you have more techies questions, you can join the xwiki-dev mailing
list to discuss with the developers.

Jérémi

--
Blog: http://www.jeremi.info
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1437724
http://www.xwiki.org
skype: jeremi23 -- msn et gtalk : [hidden email]



--
You receive this message as a subscriber of the [hidden email] mailing list.
To unsubscribe: mailto:[hidden email]
For general help: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=help
ObjectWeb mailing lists service home page: http://www.objectweb.org/wws