xwiki enterprise 1.6 in Linux Fedora 3 error

xwiki enterprise 1.6 in Linux Fedora 3 error

Vivian Richard
    Hi I am trying to deploy the xwiki Enterprise 1.6 that comes bundles
    with Jetty and HSQLDB in Fedora 3 environment. I unzipped it and
    placed that folder in /usr/local folder. I started the server and it starts
    fine. When I go to the browser with URL http://localhost:8080/xwiki I
    get the following message, which was expected:

Error 404 - Not Found.
No context on this server matched or handled this request.
Contexts known to this server are:

    * WebApplicationContext[/xwiki,xwiki]

The links above may not work if a virtual host is configured

    Now when I click "WebApplicationContext[/xwiki,xwiki]" - instead
    of showing the welcome page, it gives me the error message as
    following:

HTTP ERROR: 500

Error number 3 in 0: Could not initialize main XWiki context
Wrapped Exception: Unable to build interceptor chain

RequestURI=/xwiki/bin/view/Main/

Powered by Jetty://

Re: xwiki enterprise 1.6 in Linux Fedora 3 error

Marius Dumitru Florea
Hi Vivian,

I just followed your steps in Ubuntu 8.04 with
xwiki-enterprise-hsqldb-1.6.1.zip and everything went fine. Do you
experience the same problem when you place XWiki Enterprise inside your
home  directory? Also look in the server log and console. Can this be
related to paths specified in xwiki.cfg?

Vivian Richard wrote:

>     Hi I am trying to deploy the xwiki Enterprise 1.6 that comes bundles
>     with Jetty and HSQLDB in Fedora 3 environment. I unzipped it and
>     placed that folder in /usr/local folder. I started the server and it starts
>     fine. When I go to the browser with URL http://localhost:8080/xwiki I
>     get the following message, which was expected:

> Error 404 - Not Found.
> No context on this server matched or handled this request.
> Contexts known to this server are:
>
>     * WebApplicationContext[/xwiki,xwiki]
>
> The links above may not work if a virtual host is configured

>     Now when I click "WebApplicationContext[/xwiki,xwiki]" - instead
>     of showing the welcome page, it gives me the error message as
>     following:

> HTTP ERROR: 500
>
> Error number 3 in 0: Could not initialize main XWiki context
> Wrapped Exception: Unable to build interceptor chain
>
> RequestURI=/xwiki/bin/view/Main/
>
> Powered by Jetty://

Re: xwiki enterprise 1.6 in Linux Fedora 3 error

Vivian Richard
   Yes same problem, even in home directory!!
   By the way I just Installed the current WorkSpace
   and it works fine!!! Where is the difference between
   these two as long as installation is concern? You
   help is really appreciated...

   Best regards,

   Vivian

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 2:46 AM, Marius Dumitru Florea
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Vivian,
>
> I just followed your steps in Ubuntu 8.04 with
> xwiki-enterprise-hsqldb-1.6.1.zip and everything went fine. Do you
> experience the same problem when you place XWiki Enterprise inside your
> home  directory? Also look in the server log and console. Can this be
> related to paths specified in xwiki.cfg?
>
> Regards,
> Marius
>
> Vivian Richard wrote:
>>     Hi I am trying to deploy the xwiki Enterprise 1.6 that comes bundles
>>     with Jetty and HSQLDB in Fedora 3 environment. I unzipped it and
>>     placed that folder in /usr/local folder. I started the server and it starts
>>     fine. When I go to the browser with URL http://localhost:8080/xwiki I
>>     get the following message, which was expected:
>>
>> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Error 404 - Not Found.
>> No context on this server matched or handled this request.
>> Contexts known to this server are:
>>
>>     * WebApplicationContext[/xwiki,xwiki]
>>
>> The links above may not work if a virtual host is configured
>>
>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>     Now when I click "WebApplicationContext[/xwiki,xwiki]" - instead
>>     of showing the welcome page, it gives me the error message as
>>     following:
>>
>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> HTTP ERROR: 500
>>
>> Error number 3 in 0: Could not initialize main XWiki context
>> Wrapped Exception: Unable to build interceptor chain
>>
>> RequestURI=/xwiki/bin/view/Main/
>>
>> Powered by Jetty://

Re: xwiki enterprise 1.6 in Linux Fedora 3 error

Marius Dumitru Florea
Can you try to comment/remove the following parts of the web.xml:

<filter>
   <filter-name>ConversionFilter</filter-name>

<filter-class>com.xpn.xwiki.wysiwyg.server.filter.ConversionFilter</filter-class>
</filter>

and

<filter-mapping>
   <filter-name>ConversionFilter</filter-name>
   <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>

 From your previous mails I understood there is an exception rooted in
ConversionFilter. I want to isolate the problem. Removing those lines
from web.xml should not affect the viewing and editing of pages unless
you change the syntax used. This filter is not present in the workspace
right now but it will be when the new WYSIWYG editor will be integrated
there too.

Thanks,
Marius.

Vivian Richard wrote:

>    Yes same problem, even in home directory!!
>    By the way I just Installed the current WorkSpace
>    and it works fine!!! Where is the difference between
>    these two as long as installation is concern? You
>    help is really appreciated...
>
>    Best regards,
>
>    Vivian
>

> On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 2:46 AM, Marius Dumitru Florea
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Vivian,
>>
>> I just followed your steps in Ubuntu 8.04 with
>> xwiki-enterprise-hsqldb-1.6.1.zip and everything went fine. Do you
>> experience the same problem when you place XWiki Enterprise inside your
>> home  directory? Also look in the server log and console. Can this be
>> related to paths specified in xwiki.cfg?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Marius
>>
>> Vivian Richard wrote:
>>>     Hi I am trying to deploy the xwiki Enterprise 1.6 that comes bundles
>>>     with Jetty and HSQLDB in Fedora 3 environment. I unzipped it and
>>>     placed that folder in /usr/local folder. I started the server and it starts
>>>     fine. When I go to the browser with URL http://localhost:8080/xwiki I
>>>     get the following message, which was expected:
>>>
>>> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>> Error 404 - Not Found.
>>> No context on this server matched or handled this request.
>>> Contexts known to this server are:
>>>
>>>     * WebApplicationContext[/xwiki,xwiki]
>>>
>>> The links above may not work if a virtual host is configured
>>>
>>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>>     Now when I click "WebApplicationContext[/xwiki,xwiki]" - instead
>>>     of showing the welcome page, it gives me the error message as
>>>     following:
>>>
>>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>> HTTP ERROR: 500
>>>
>>> Error number 3 in 0: Could not initialize main XWiki context
>>> Wrapped Exception: Unable to build interceptor chain
>>>
>>> RequestURI=/xwiki/bin/view/Main/
>>>
>>> Powered by Jetty://

Re: xwiki enterprise 1.6 in Linux Fedora 3 error

Vivian Richard
   Hi Marius, I commented out those parts but did not help.
   What about xwiki.cfg as you mentioned last time? I see
   there are few lines of differences in xwiki.cfg of Enterprise
   and WS.

   Regards....

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 8:00 AM, Marius Dumitru Florea
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can you try to comment/remove the following parts of the web.xml:
>
> <filter>
>   <filter-name>ConversionFilter</filter-name>
>
> <filter-class>com.xpn.xwiki.wysiwyg.server.filter.ConversionFilter</filter-class>
> </filter>
>
> and
>
> <filter-mapping>
>   <filter-name>ConversionFilter</filter-name>
>   <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
> </filter-mapping>
>
>  From your previous mails I understood there is an exception rooted in
> ConversionFilter. I want to isolate the problem. Removing those lines
> from web.xml should not affect the viewing and editing of pages unless
> you change the syntax used. This filter is not present in the workspace
> right now but it will be when the new WYSIWYG editor will be integrated
> there too.
>
> Thanks,
> Marius.
>

> Vivian Richard wrote:
>>    Yes same problem, even in home directory!!
>>    By the way I just Installed the current WorkSpace
>>    and it works fine!!! Where is the difference between
>>    these two as long as installation is concern? You
>>    help is really appreciated...
>>
>>    Best regards,
>>
>>    Vivian
>>

>> On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 2:46 AM, Marius Dumitru Florea
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi Vivian,
>>>
>>> I just followed your steps in Ubuntu 8.04 with
>>> xwiki-enterprise-hsqldb-1.6.1.zip and everything went fine. Do you
>>> experience the same problem when you place XWiki Enterprise inside your
>>> home  directory? Also look in the server log and console. Can this be
>>> related to paths specified in xwiki.cfg?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Marius

Re: xwiki enterprise 1.6 in Linux Fedora 3 error

Niels Mayer
This is a completely random possibility, but in /etc/hosts is there a line:
127.0.0.1     localhost.localdomain
??

If so, replace it with
127.0.0.1     localhost

(alternately, if you don't control /etc/hosts, in configuring the java web
server, database, etc, replace 'localhost' with 'localhost.localdomain'
(yuck) or use '127.0.0.1' in place of 'localhost' in all configs
and URL's e.g. http://127.0.0.1:8080/... and if you do control /etc/hosts
why do you still use Fedora 3 when 8 or 9 are available?)

Of course, I could be completely wrong about my hunch. However, I'm fairly
sure older fedora versions did funny things with localhost.localdomain if
you didn't do domain configuration correctly, and that situation would
trip-up Apache, Tomcat attempting to resolve 'localhost'.

PS: if you remove the localhost.localdomain, you may want to rpm -e sendmail
and all its dependencies, or you get a hang-on-boot until sendmail is
properly configured. Web servers shouldn't be running sendmail anyways.

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 1:44 AM, Vivian Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:

>    Hi I am trying to deploy the xwiki Enterprise 1.6 that comes bundles
>    with Jetty and HSQLDB in Fedora 3 environment. I unzipped it and
>    placed that folder in /usr/local folder. I started the server and it
> starts
>    fine. When I go to the browser with URL http://localhost:8080/xwiki I
>    get the following message, which was expected:

> Error 404 - Not Found.
> No context on this server matched or handled this request.
> Contexts known to this server are:
>
>    * WebApplicationContext[/xwiki,xwiki]
>
> The links above may not work if a virtual host is configured

>    Now when I click "WebApplicationContext[/xwiki,xwiki]" - instead
>    of showing the welcome page, it gives me the error message as
>    following:

> HTTP ERROR: 500
>
> Error number 3 in 0: Could not initialize main XWiki context
> Wrapped Exception: Unable to build interceptor chain
>
> RequestURI=/xwiki/bin/view/Main/
>
> Powered by Jetty://

Niels
http://nielsmayer.com