xwiki formatting question

tsuter
In moving content over from our Zope driven site, I have noticed that
several times the content of the Zope page creeps into the right margin
and pollutes the Search column.  Is there a global setting that will
change the XWiki format so that it will auto adjust for the content?
With the Toolbar editor, I am sure I could remove the whole column,
however I don't want to.  Just make it allow for content  so it will
shift to the right automagically.
Thanks,
Tim Suter

Re: xwiki formatting question

Ludovic Dubost

I'm not sure exactly what exactly is happening ?  Would you have a
screenshot or an example of content.
Is it doing this both on Firefox and IE.. It might be in the way
overflow is handled by some browsers

Ludovic

Tim Suter wrote:

> In moving content over from our Zope driven site, I have noticed that
> several times the content of the Zope page creeps into the right margin
> and pollutes the Search column.  Is there a global setting that will
> change the XWiki format so that it will auto adjust for the content?
> With the Toolbar editor, I am sure I could remove the whole column,
> however I don't want to.  Just make it allow for content  so it will
> shift to the right automagically.
> Thanks,
> Tim Suter

Re: xwiki formatting question

tsuter
Screenshot on it's way.

Ludovic Dubost wrote:

> I'm not sure exactly what exactly is happening ?  Would you have a
> screenshot or an example of content.
> Is it doing this both on Firefox and IE.. It might be in the way
> overflow is handled by some browsers
>
> Ludovic
>
> Tim Suter wrote:
>
>> In moving content over from our Zope driven site, I have noticed that
>> several times the content of the Zope page creeps into the right margin
>> and pollutes the Search column.  Is there a global setting that will
>> change the XWiki format so that it will auto adjust for the content?
>> With the Toolbar editor, I am sure I could remove the whole column,
>> however I don't want to.  Just make it allow for content  so it will
>> shift to the right automagically.
>> Thanks,
>> Tim Suter

Re: xwiki formatting question

tsuter
I have attached a .png.  Don't know if it will get scrubbed away or not....

In examing the content, you will see it over to the right where the
Search column, Members, etc. are.  Rather than completing rebuilding
this type of content with xwiki syntax, using the WYSIWYG editor, I just
copy and paste it.  Much quicker that way with all the content we have
on the old KB.  Please advise as to how to correct this.  I truly hope I
don't have to reformat with xwiki syntax....there is too much of it to do!

Thanks in advance for your help....
Tim

Tim Suter wrote:

>Screenshot on it's way.
>
>Ludovic Dubost wrote:
>

>>I'm not sure exactly what exactly is happening ?  Would you have a
>>screenshot or an example of content.
>>Is it doing this both on Firefox and IE.. It might be in the way
>>overflow is handled by some browsers
>>
>>Ludovic
>>
>>Tim Suter wrote:
>>

>>>In moving content over from our Zope driven site, I have noticed that
>>>several times the content of the Zope page creeps into the right margin
>>>and pollutes the Search column.  Is there a global setting that will
>>>change the XWiki format so that it will auto adjust for the content?
>>>With the Toolbar editor, I am sure I could remove the whole column,
>>>however I don't want to.  Just make it allow for content  so it will
>>>shift to the right automagically.
>>>Thanks,
>>>Tim Suter

xwikiformat.png (59K) Download Attachment