xwiki how to I create new links in current page

xwiki how to I create new links in current page

techdragon
Hello,

First post!

I am an IT administrator and I have been given the task of setting up a small internal WIKI, which I have successfully done.  However it does not seem overly user friendly and I want to check if I am just missing a setting.

Here is what I am wanting to do.

I created a new page called "Vista Testing" on that page I want employees to be able to create a new page with details on the issues they are having and I would like for the new page to be linked to the "Vista Testing" page automatically using the title line that the employee typed in.  The way it is now they create a new page and then have to go back to the "Vista Testing" page edit it and link the page they created to it.  This doesn't sound difficult but to the technically inept it is like climbing a mountain.

I simply want to make it easier for them.

Re: xwiki how to I create new links in current page

Bubulina
[nameofthelink>page] for the current page
and if you wanna make a link to a page for another space use the name of the space
[nameoflink>Space.Page]

Take care ,
    Gabriela Radu :)
www.gabrielaradu.com

Re: xwiki how to I create new links in current page

mike a.-2
If you want your page to be child of "Vista Testing", just create link
like [Some page 1].
 Quoting Gabriela Radu : [nameofthelink&gt;page] for the current page
 and if you wanna make a link to a page for another space use the
name of the space
 [nameoflink&gt;Space.Page]
 Take care ,
 &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Gabriela Radu :)
 www.gabrielaradu.com
 --- On Mon, 7/14/08, techdragon
 From: techdragon &lt;[hidden email]&gt;
 Subject: [xwiki-users]  xwiki how to I create new links in current
page
 To: [hidden email]
 Date: Monday, July 14, 2008, 12:48 AM
 Hello,
 First post!
 I am an IT administrator and I have been given the task of setting
up a
 small internal WIKI, which I have successfully done.  However it
does not
 seem overly user friendly and I want to check if I am just missing a
 setting.
 Here is what I am wanting to do.
 I created a new page called &quot;Vista Testing&quot; on that page I
want
 employees to
 be able to create a new page with details on the issues they are
having and
 I would like for the new page to be linked to the &quot;Vista
Testing&quot;
 page
 automatically using the title line that the employee typed in.  The
way it
 is now they create a new page and then have to go back to the
&quot;Vista
 Testing&quot; page edit it and link the page they created to it.
This
 doesn't
 sound difficult but to the technically inept it is like climbing a
mountain.
 I simply want to make it easier for them.
 Ar cieņu, Mihails

Links:
------
[1] mailto:[hidden email]

Re: xwiki how to I create new links in current page

Stefan Woehrer

you also can create links using the WYSIWYG editor by just typing the text you want to use as link text and then click the link symbol. In the upcoming dialog you can define the "physical" name of the new page that should be created.
After saving the page you can see your new link with an appending question mark - that means that there's a link to a non existing page. Simply click on that link and XWiki will automatically generate a new page for you.
A video that guides you through the WYSIWYG linking dialog can be found here: http://enterprise.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/UserGuide/WebHome/linksedition_wysiwyg.swf

cheers,
Steve