xwiki + jetspeed

chandra sekhar-2
Hi Group,
     I am trying to deploy xwiki-0.9.536.war into Jetspeed-2. I encountered the following error in the xWiki Portlet. Can any one tell me what could the problem be. If anyone has instructions as to how to deploy XWiki in Jetspeed-2 as a portlet, can u please send me the link or the war if possible..

ERROR:-
Cannot create Portlet instance com.xpn.xwiki.web.XWikiPortlet for
Portlet Application xwiki-0.9.536

I even tried replacing the following line in Utils.java, but its still not working.

URL url = XWiki.getRequestURL(request);

replaced with

URL url;
 try {
 url = new URL("http://localhost:8080");
 System.out.println("CREATED URL = "+url.toString());
 context.setURL(url);
 // Push the URL into the Log4j NDC context
 MDC.put("url", url);
 } catch (MalformedURLException e) {
 // TODO Auto-generated catch block
 e.printStackTrace();
 }

Thank you in advance,
Chandra Shekar.

Re: xwiki + jetspeed

There is a known problem in the XWiki portlet code where XWiki needs to
access some information only available through the servlet interface
(URL, cookie and things like that).
So in portlet engines that do not have PortletRequest and
PortletResponse heritate from HttpServletRequest and HttpServletResponse
there is an issue where some code needs to be changed.
There is no obvious solution for this code and I don't know how bad the
problem is.

We would love to integrate more compatible Portlet code in XWiki.

I would suggest you look at it exception by exception. For the one you
are having, you should not modify this code, but actually modify
getRequestURL in XWikiPortletRequest.
I'm sure there will be other problems. Don't hesitate to post them here
and we will try to help you.

Ludovic