xwiki mysql database?

Roger Rukundo Nzabandora

I am trying to install xwiki on my windows XP Pro SP2 computer. I have managed to follow all the instructions successfully up to the point of setting up the xwiki database using the command “mysql -u xwiki -pxwiki xwiki < xwiki.sql”. I get an error message; “The system cannot find specified file”. I am using MySQL version 5.0.11 I don’t know if this could be an issue. Plus I seem to have a problem with the Database I downloaded, when I look through it I find very strange characters which might suggest that the downloadable DB is corrupted. I have attached a copy of the data base as a txt file so you can cross check it and see if there’s anything wrong. I am new to this technology, please help.

Thanks.

xwiki.txt (58K) Download Attachment

Re: xwiki mysql database?

Arthur Casals
The file seems to be OK. Make sure your .sql file is inside the
mysql\bin directory before importing it.

Regards,

Arthur

On 5/3/06, Roger  Rukundo  Nzabandora <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am trying to install xwiki on my windows XP Pro SP2 computer. I have
> managed to follow all the instructions successfully up to the point of
> setting up the xwiki database using the command "mysql -u xwiki -pxwiki
> xwiki < xwiki.sql". I get an error message; "The system cannot find
> specified file". I am using MySQL version 5.0.11 I don't know if this could
> be an issue. Plus I seem to have a problem with the Database I downloaded,
> when I look through it I find very strange characters which might suggest
> that the downloadable DB is corrupted. I have attached a copy of the data
> base as a txt file so you can cross check it and see if there's anything
> wrong. I am new to this technology, please help.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> You receive this message as a subscriber of the [hidden email]

"Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?"

RE: xwiki mysql database?

Roger Rukundo Nzabandora
Thanks but I already moved it into the mssql\bin directory..

http://www.objectweb.org/wws

--
"Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?"

Re: xwiki mysql database?

Arthur Casals
Have you renamed it to xwiki.sql?

On 5/3/06, Roger  Rukundo  Nzabandora <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks but I already moved it into the mssql\bin directory..

Robin Fernandes
The strange characters are probably due to binary attachments (images etc...).
Have you tried specifying the full path of the database image on the
import command? Maybe add quotes if the path has spaces.