xwiki portlets

Jason Novotny

Hi all,

    I'm interested in supporting xwiki portlets for our GridSphere
portal framework (http://www.gridsphere.org) It seems that xwiki is
available for the Exo portal so  I'm naively thinking it shouldn't be
too hard to convert them to work in another portlet container. Can
anyone help get me started if this is possible?

    Thanks, Jason

Re: xwiki portlets

Ludovic Dubost

Hi Jason,

There is a little bit of work to make it purely jsr 168 compliant but it
shouldn't be too hard. There are some issues with attachments and with
the reliance on the HttpServlet object.
Another thing that needs to be made is authentication integration which
is portlet engine specific.

If you want to help on this, we can provide you some support here. I
also have some code built by JBoss which has tackled some of these areas.

Ludovic

Jason Novotny wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>    I'm interested in supporting xwiki portlets for our GridSphere
> portal framework (http://www.gridsphere.org) It seems that xwiki is
> available for the Exo portal so  I'm naively thinking it shouldn't be
> too hard to convert them to work in another portlet container. Can
> anyone help get me started if this is possible?
>
>    Thanks, Jason

Re: xwiki portlets

Jason Novotny

Hi Ludovic,

    Sounds great-- we also rely on the HttpServlet classes so
typecasting would possibly work even if it's not the most elegant. We do
in fact support the Struts bridge from the Jakarta portals bridges
project if that's useful since I thought I saw references to Struts
classes in xwiki.
    As far as authentication, does it work with container based
authentication i.e. editing tomcat-users.xml for instance? It would be
fine with me if it requires a separate login just to get started with
the hopes of trying to use a common login at a later point.
    Where should I begin? I might be able to enlist some others on our
side as well. Since JBoss and Exo are interested in this or have done it
it might also be good to create a separate mail list for the interested
parties...

    Thanks, Jason

Ludovic Dubost wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> There is a little bit of work to make it purely jsr 168 compliant but
> it shouldn't be too hard. There are some issues with attachments and
> with the reliance on the HttpServlet object.
> Another thing that needs to be made is authentication integration
> which is portlet engine specific.
>
> If you want to help on this, we can provide you some support here. I
> also have some code built by JBoss which has tackled some of these areas.
>
> Ludovic
>
> Jason Novotny wrote:
>

>> Hi all,
>>
>>    I'm interested in supporting xwiki portlets for our GridSphere
>> portal framework (http://www.gridsphere.org) It seems that xwiki is
>> available for the Exo portal so  I'm naively thinking it shouldn't be
>> too hard to convert them to work in another portlet container. Can
>> anyone help get me started if this is possible?
>>
>>    Thanks, Jason

Re: xwiki portlets

Ludovic Dubost

- if you have HttpServlet inheritance then there is a good chance it
will work with very little changes
- we are not using container authentication. We are using our own auth.
You need to write your own Auth class (there is one for exo which you
can use as an example) if you want it to bridge to your auth. Also in
the exo integration we did allow xwiki to work with the exo auth both
when accessed as a portlet or accessed as a webapp.

To start you should checkout xwiki and make sure you can build it. There
is an exo build (which only changes the xwiki.cfg and adds exo libs
needed for auth). It will make sense to refactor our implementation to
use an xwiki.portlet=1 instead of xwiki.exo=1 in xwiki.cfg

Ludovic

Jason Novotny wrote:

> Hi Ludovic,
>
>    Sounds great-- we also rely on the HttpServlet classes so
> typecasting would possibly work even if it's not the most elegant. We
> do in fact support the Struts bridge from the Jakarta portals bridges
> project if that's useful since I thought I saw references to Struts
> classes in xwiki.
>    As far as authentication, does it work with container based
> authentication i.e. editing tomcat-users.xml for instance? It would be
> fine with me if it requires a separate login just to get started with
> the hopes of trying to use a common login at a later point.
>    Where should I begin? I might be able to enlist some others on our
> side as well. Since JBoss and Exo are interested in this or have done
> it it might also be good to create a separate mail list for the
> interested parties...
>
>    Thanks, Jason
>
> Ludovic Dubost wrote:
>

>> Hi Jason,
>>
>> There is a little bit of work to make it purely jsr 168 compliant but
>> it shouldn't be too hard. There are some issues with attachments and
>> with the reliance on the HttpServlet object.
>> Another thing that needs to be made is authentication integration
>> which is portlet engine specific.
>>
>> If you want to help on this, we can provide you some support here. I
>> also have some code built by JBoss which has tackled some of these
>> areas.
>>
>> Ludovic
>>
>> Jason Novotny wrote:
>>

>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>>    I'm interested in supporting xwiki portlets for our GridSphere
>>> portal framework (http://www.gridsphere.org) It seems that xwiki is
>>> available for the Exo portal so  I'm naively thinking it shouldn't
>>> be too hard to convert them to work in another portlet container.
>>> Can anyone help get me started if this is possible?
>>>
>>>    Thanks, Jason

running unit tests included with xwiki

Bikash Agarwalla
Hello,
    I need some help with running the unit tests included with the xwiki
package. What do I have to do in order to run the tests (a) from command
line (b) from an IDE (eclipse/IntelliJ)  (which configurations I have to
change etc)?

Also, specifically I will like to know how to run the included
XMLRpcTest including how I can start the RPC server for the test.

Thanks,
Bikash

Re: running unit tests included with xwiki

Ludovic Dubost-3

Hi,

I can help you on setting up IntelliJ.. If you use the intelliJ project
file from SVN, I think you need to

- For client side tests
  - copy hibernate-test-template.cfg.xml to hibernate-test.cfg.xml in the
resources directory and set it up properly (either mysql or hsqldb).

- For server side tests
  - a tomcat install setup on port 9080. The hibernate-test.cfg.xml and
hibernate.cfg.xml in the WEB-INF directory need to be setup properly to
access you database (either mysql or hsqldb)
  - the xwiki.cfg file in WEB-INF needs to be setup with xwiki.virtual=1
(for a certain number of tests)
  - a web.xml file needs to be copied (I think in the src directory.
  - you need first to start a tomcat with XWiki (you need to be able to
connect on the xwiki on localhost)
  - once you tomcat is running you can run the server side tests.

XMLRpcTest is a server side test. So you need to full tomcat setup.
If anything is missing in these instructions, do contact me to find out.
I'll create a documentation page on xwiki.org with this.

Ludovic

Cr?ez votre Wiki: http://www.xwiki.com
XPertNet: http://www.xpertnet.fr