xwikiattachment_content table errors

Roger Rukundo Nzabandora

Hi all, thanks for the constant updates and info.

I’m trying to view the xwikiattachment_content table rows and columns in the windows command line but I don’t get any meaningful results. The MySql command is select * from xwikiattachment_content. I get a series of several dotted lines followed by endless characters and the computer starts beeping endlessly until I have to close the command line interface. I’m doing a project on xwiki and I need to document the contents of each table. What can I do?

Re: xwikiattachment_content table errors

jeremi joslin
On 6/1/06, Roger Rukundo Nzabandora <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all, thanks for the constant updates and info.
>

> I'm trying to view the xwikiattachment_content table rows and columns in the
> windows command line but I don't get any meaningful results. The MySql
> command is select * from xwikiattachment_content. I get a series of several
> dotted lines followed by endless characters and the computer starts beeping
> endlessly until I have to close the command line interface. I'm doing a
> project on xwiki and I need to document the contents of each table. What can
> I do?

Hi,
It's normal, because the content of this table is binary, so your
shell have some problems to show the binary. Instead of listing the
content of the database, you can use a function like "describe
table"(i don't know if it exist en mysql, but you should have
something like this) for watching the schema of the table.

Can you share your work with the community after?

Jérémi

RE: xwikiattachment_content table errors

Roger Rukundo Nzabandora

Thanks. MySql has the Describe table function. Out of curiousity, Is there any shell that can show the binary (mediumblob) type?